7.Resurfaced Memories and Office Intrusions

Samara's visit to Diagon Alley after meeting Hagrid involved a short conversation over coffee and rock cakes. Although Hagrid didn't remember her yet, she was hopeful that he would recall soon, especially if she secured the job.

After exploring a few shops, she made a quick visit to Slugs and Jiggers, where Master Jigger remembered her and inquired about her current whereabouts. She had interned there for a year after graduating.

Sitting in the Leaky Cauldron, Samara reminisced about her London days, her birthplace, which she had to leave and never returned to for years. The reason for her departure and the reason she avoided returning were heavy on her mind.

When she left that morning, she hadn't anticipated the emotional impact of coming back. A cloud of sadness surrounded her, and flashbacks played in her eyes. Panicking, she shook her head and ordered another drink.

As her drink arrived, an elf popped in front of her, startling her and causing her to spill the beverage on the table. The elf quickly apologized and cleared the mess.

"Madam, the Headmaster is expecting your arrival. I can apparate you into his office if you need," the elf offered, bowing low.

"That won't be necessary. I'll apparate myself. Thank you."

"I insist, madam. Please accept it as an apology for startling you."

The elf spoke impeccable English, appearing much older, and Samara nodded. After paying for the drink, she took the elf's hand. In a swirl, she was pulled into the apparition.

Severus, in his office, was having his bandages removed and redressed by Poppy when Samara suddenly appeared. Years of spying had honed his senses, and he swiftly pointed his wand at the intruder. Poppy brandished her own wand, and both stood in defense. The portraits wore shocked expressions, except for Dumbledore.

Samara, equally startled by wands pointed at her, stood frozen, hoping to clarify the situation quickly. Snape recognised the intruder. "What the hell do you think your doing by popping out of nowhere into my office?" He asked a voice so low it sent chills on Samaras spine.

"I.. u h. I di.. dint mean.. t. To." Samara stuttered out. She saw Snape had his coat buttons open until his navel and the coat pushed to his shoulders like an off shoulder top. There were some kind of scars on his neck. She also recognised the matron Poppy Pomfrey. She gulped realising she had intruded on a private moment.

"I'll be out sir . I'll explain myself later."

She left the office.

Back in the office he threw the bottle of murtlap essense against the wall that broke and spilt the remaining liquid.

"Severus Snape!! That was the last bottle I had!" Shrieked Poppy.

"Poppy just shut up! "

"Okay I'll shut up you deal with ur pain." She started gathering all the medical things on the table. "First you chop urself and now you rage at the woman for no reason. "

"For no reason? She just barged into my office without announcing, interrupting on something private. " He seethed.

"Headmaster sir, it was my mistake. Thomas is responsible for tat. Madam did say she didn't wanted to apparate. It was Thomas who forced her to apparate with me. Lady has nothing to do."
The elf stated and apologized.

"Why would you do something like that, pray tell Thomas." He gritted out of exasperation.

"Sir had told to bring madam along or inform her to be here so Thomas thought to bring her along." Snape put his head down on the table. communicating with elfs was so frustrating.

By that time Poppy had wrapped her things and walked toward the door. "Where are you going poppy?" He deadpanned.

"To the infirmary" she didn't turn back.

"And am I to present myself with a slit neck to the woman"

"I don't care! You deserve it. Let her know the man who is going to be her employer is a psychopath. " Her hand was on the handle when she heard him mutter something. "What was that?"

"Immmsoy"

"What?" She smirked she knew just what he was trying to say.

He lifted his head and sighed "Apologise me for not thinking before reacting. Now will you please bandage this so tat it won't be a disturbing, gut wrenching view. "

She walked back and did his banged and said before leaving." Go easy on yourself, okay?" She patted his head and left. Outside she smiled at the young woman.

"Hello Madam Pomfrey. How are you doing?"

"How do you know me dear?" Poppy was surprised.

"I studied here. I was in the same class as him." She pointed towards the now closed room

"Oh! I am afraid I don't remember you dear. But we'll get to know each other soon. Now get in before he starts off again. "

Samara nodded and waited for a few minutes before knocking. She waited patiently until she heard a acknowledgement type of from him. She stepped inside and he was seated in his chair completely poised and not in a manner she saw just moments ago.

He motioned towards the seat in front of the table. As soon as she sat down she began, "Sir it was not correct of me to barge in like that. I wasn't aware that we would be apparating right inside to ur office. If I was aware I would have refused the offer. I am extremely sorry. "

He looked at her for a few moments and then pushed a set of parchment before her. It was like upto 8-10 sheets. "These are the agreement and acceptance parchment. If you want the job read through everyone of these and sign it. Your performance in the interview was acceptable and I would like to offer you the role. I demand you go through every line and sign them. You can take it with you and I will give you a week's rime to respond.

"There are a few more things I would like to add. If you decide to take the job, you will have to relocate next week. As it is your job to send letters to all students and paying a visit to muggle born first years. Take no light of this matter Miss Pritchett, it's a heavy load of work. These past two years after war Hogwarts has not seen many students, that has to change this year as the Ministry demands.

"We have alot of work. I'll leave it up to Professor McGonagall to explain you the basic work. "

Samara looked at the portrait of her old Transfiguration teacher." Hello dear! Hope your doing well. I strongly hope you take the job since, me and Albus feel you will be perfect for the position. It's good to hear your doing well after all that happened."

Samara felt like she was put into spotlight. Well she didn't want to be reminded of what happened. Anyhow reminding needs to be done for things that have been forgotten, this has been engraved into her.

"I am honoured to be taking this role Professor."

"I'll just brief you out on your important duties dear and then if you decide to take the job, throughout I'll be here to guide you with anything you want."

And so began an almost 30 mins of explanation of her main tasks. There were a lot than Samara could ever imagine. Plus there were duties apart from these also. She would have to think multiple times before signing the agreement.

"Everything Minerva said is clear for a normal human brain. If you decide to take the job please send me a letter along with the agreement parchments. If you sign this you have to work for atleast three years. I'll send you a letter back informing what to do. That's all for now , you may leave if you have no other questions. "

Everything was crystal clear. She had a normal brain, she had to read and sign or not. She appreciated his subtle hint of insult. Samara bid a good evening and left the castle. She again took a portkey to her town and reached home.

She felt too tired for dinner and cuddled up with Azrael. She would think about other things tomorrow.