Oneshot 1 Pt. 1 || Fluff

A/N: YIPPIE!!! Merry Christmas Eve, everyone! ^_^

"So..." Madeleine smiled as he walked down the school hallway alongside Espresso. "Christmas is coming up. Are you excited?"

Espresso shrugged. "Not really."

"Not really? What do you mean, not really??"

A slight grin forced its way onto his face as he heard the sadness and confusion in his voice. "My family doesn't really do Christmas. A few presents might get passed around, but that's about it."

"Huh." A look of confusion spread across Madeleine's face as he thought for a second. "So you've never had a real Christmas before?"

"I guess not."

"Doesn't that make you sad?"

Espresso smiled again. "No, not really."

Madeleine's frown deepened. "But... But all the presents! The eggnog! The Christmas lights!" He shook his head. "This won't do. This year, you're going to come over to my house and we'll have a lovely time!" He smiled, seeming very proud of this idea.

Espresso's eyebrows raised slightly. "I don't know... My parents might not let me."

"Oh, please try, Espresso! Please, please?"

He stifled a laugh as he saw Madeleine's pleading face. "Fine. I'll ask. No promises though."

"Yes!! Thank you! I'm so excited, I'll get you a really good present!" He laughed, embracing him in a hug.

Espresso winced, staying stiff in Madeleine's tight embrace. He wormed his way free. "Well, since you're getting me a present, I suppose that means I have to get you one too."

"Well..." He giggled. "Only if you want to."

A soft sigh escaped from Espresso's lips as he brushed the hair out of his own face. "I'm not that good at gift-giving."

Madeleine smiled. "That's alright. I'll be happy no matter what you get me."

He nodded in response, his mind immediately wandering to think of what he should get Madeleine.

"Well," Madeleine said, snapping him out of his thoughts. He pressed a kiss against his cheek "See you later! Love you!!" With that, he walked into his class.

Espresso groaned, pacing around his room. "I just don't know!" He said to Latte, who was sitting cross-legged on the bed. "It's been, like, three weeks since Madeleine asked me to spend Christmas at his house and I still don't know what to get him!" He sighed and plopped down on the bed next to Latte. He had been thinking about what he wanted to get Madeleine for Christmas, but he literally couldn't think of a present that he felt was suitable. Madeleine loved him so much and gave him so much happiness, that no gift could ever even begin to express the gratitude Espresso felt towards him unless it was absolutely perfect.

"Hmm," Latte hummed, leaning back. "Well, you already said no to a stuffed animal, jewelry, clothes, chocolates, games, books, and candles."

He sighed, resting his face in his hands. "None of those tell him how grateful I am for him. I just need something that shows how much I care."

Latte nodded. "Well, what do you think he'll get you? Maybe that'll help you think of something."

He rolled his eyes. "Probably just a coffee mug. It's all I ever get."

She smiled. "I'm sure he'll get you something a little more meaningful. It is Madeleine we're talking about, after all."

A frown took over his face. Madeleine probably had a perfect gift already wrapped for Espresso, and he couldn't even think of something to give him. What kind of a boyfriend was he? He groaned again. "Nothing that I think of is meaningful enough! Why can't I think of anything good enough to give him??"