Oneshot 3 || Angst + Fluff

One problem with Espresso was his sleep schedule. He either didn't sleep for days on end or he couldn't find the motivation to force himself out of bed.

Today was one of those days when he just couldn't get out of bed.

He sighed, shutting his eyes tighter as the stupidly bright sunlight forced its way through the curtains and right onto his closed eyes. He turned away from the window, grumbling to himself. He could hear Madeleine in the kitchen, probably making them both food or something. Guilt filled his body as he frowned—Madeleine was up being productive while he was still in bed. But although he knew he should get up and do far more productive things, he couldn't even think about moving from his bed.

Footsteps began to walk down the hall towards the bedroom. Madeleine's footsteps. Espresso forced his tired eyes open as he watched his lover step into the bedroom. "Ah, you're awake!" Madeleine said, sitting down on the edge of the bed. He stifled a laugh as he brushed Espresso's messy bed hair out of his eyes. "I'm making some lunch; eggs and bacon! They'll be ready in a few minutes if you want."

A frown crept onto Espresso's face. "But I'm tired..." He complained, pulling the blanket back over his head.

"I know," he heard Madeleine say. "But it's already twelve thirty. I don't want you to stay in bed for too long."

Espresso's brows furrowed. It was twelve thirty already?

Madeleine sighed, pulling the blanket off of Espresso's face. "Could you at least try to get up?"

Silence filled the room.

Madeleine pulled Espresso into a sitting position, letting him lean against him as support. He laughed softly at Espresso's annoyed face. "I know you're tired, but you really should get up. It's not good for your sleep schedule to sleep in too much. And besides, it's a beautiful day today. You wouldn't want to waste such a pretty day, would you?" Madeleine planted many kisses all over his face.

Espresso grumbled as a response, frowning at the kisses he was receiving. He pushed away, falling back down and smiling as his tired head hit the pillow again.

Madeleine looked down at him, smiling. "I know I'm always begging you to sleep, but I didn't mean for you to sleep in this late."

Espresso giggled.

"Come on, please get up?"

Another awkward silence filled the air before Espresso forced his fatigued body up, rubbing the sleep out of his tired eyes. He reached over to the nightstand and put his glasses on. "Alright," He mumbled.

Madeleine pressed another kiss against his cheek. "I'm so proud of you. Would you like some eggs?"

A frown tugged at Espresso's face. Eating. He absolutely despised eating. It was pointless and took up too much of his time. It distracted Espresso from his work, and besides, he was used to hunger. So what if he didn't eat for a day or two? It wasn't like he would starve to death without food for two days. He never understood why Madeleine got so worried when Espresso didn't eat. Sometimes it seemed like Madeleine didn't know the difference between skipping one meal to literal starvation and malnutrition.

"Espresso?" Madeleine asked again, causing Espresso to realize he hadn't responded to his question.

He shrugged. "Oh, I'm... I'm not really that hungry."

Espresso felt Madeleine's worried eyes staring at him. "Love... You haven't eaten in a while. I know I don't normally make you eat since you know what your body needs and I don't, but I'm worried about you." He took hold of his hand, rubbing his thumb gently against Espresso's hand. "If feeding yourself is too much work, I can feed you."