Oneshot 4 || Angst + Fluff

A/N: For madeleineisthebest :) UGHHH I'M ACTUALLY SO SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG TO WRITE AKHDSKSHKS ☹️☹️ But yeah, I'm back from my break now 🗣‼️🙏 Also, we ignore how it's March and nowhere near Halloween, okay? Okay.

ALSO, QUICK BUT IMPORTANT QUESTION: Espresso's and Latte's ages will change almost every oneshot and they won't be in order—I don't want anyone to be confused when reading them if I don't specify the age, so should I start putting their ages at the beginning of each oneshot???? I feel like I should, especially in the ones with Espresso and Latte as children bc knowing the ages I intended them to be matters a bit, but I'd love to hear your guys's opinions!!! :)

Madeleine took a deep breath, staying close to Espresso. They were at a Halloween party hosted by one of their classmates, where there were games and yummy food and drinks and candy... But Madeleine felt like he was being watched. He couldn't shake the feeling, no matter how hard he tried to convince himself that he was probably just letting the spookiness of Halloween get to him.

Madeleine kept glancing around the crowded room, trying to figure out if anyone was watching him, but every time, he saw nobody.

"Madeleine?"

Espresso's voice cut through his paranoid thoughts, and Madeleine looked down at his boyfriend, who was dressed up in a cat costume for the Halloween party.

He smiled up at him. "Are you alright? You've been acting pretty strange," Espresso said.

Madeleine stayed silent for a moment before speaking. "Strange?? No, I'm... I'm fine," He quickly assured him, nodding confidently.

He stared at him a little longer, trying to decide whether to believe him or not. "...Okay. But tell me if anything's wrong, alright?"

Madeleine nodded without saying a word.

Espresso felt Madeleine grab onto his hand yet again, and he turned to him, noticing how strange he was acting. "Are you sure you're okay?" He asked, staring at his boyfriend's paranoid face.

"Hm?" Madeleine looked at him. "Yeah! Yeah, I'm fine," He replied, trying to smile.

"Are you sure? You're clinging onto me a lot." Espresso smiled. "Do you not like parties? I agree—parties are stupid and overrated. They're way too crowded and loud if you ask me..."

Madeleine shook his head. "It's not that. I'm..." He sighed. "It's nothing. I'm sorry."

Espresso stayed silent for a moment before slowly nodding. "If you say so."

The party continued, and Madeleine still stayed close to Espresso.

A soft sigh escaped Espresso's lips as he watched Madeleine look around the room again. He couldn't figure out what was bothering him, and he wished he could help. His brow furrowed as a thought crossed his mind. Maybe he was making Madeleine uncomfortable somehow. Maybe Madeleine felt embarrassed to be around him since he was so popular and Espresso wasn't.

That was surely it. Madeleine was embarrassed to be dating and stranding around him at a party full of their classmates. Espresso felt his face heat up as he glanced up at Madeleine. He didn't want to make him upset by being around him. He tried to come up with an excuse to get away from him. "Um, if you'd like, I could go get us some drinks," Espresso offered, trying to smile at him.

Madeleine turned, hesitating but nodding. "Oh, yeah. Sure, Espresso."

He nodded back, immediately rushing away from him, trying his best not to cry. He couldn't believe he was making Madeleine embarrassed and uncomfortable. Maybe it was a bad idea to bring Madeleine to his party. Hell, maybe it was a bad idea to date him in the first place. Why would he even love Espresso? Madeleine was so popular and cool, and Espresso was just a random and weird nerd.