☾ - 𝐈𝐕 - ✧

{──────────── ☾ ✧ ────────────}

nova stared down at her open backpack as she prepared to clean it. she'd arrived home earlier from watching the match at the gym and changed into lounge clothes after taking a shower. she had disposable gloves on now as she prepared to clean her backpack after taking the contents out.

except.

she stared in horror at tsukishima's neatly folded sweatshirt. i am. an idiot, she decided, nodding her head decisively while trying not to panic. quickly, she took the article of clothing out and put it in her washing machine along with the clothes she had worn earlier. i will need to wash it now since it has entered the house. it is obviously dirty, she decided. that was the first step. she would finish her cleaning now and decide what to do with the sweatshirt later.

soon enough, she sat at her desk with her phone in her hand, tsukishima's contact staring back at her. her hands shook as she tried to decide what to tell him. she had never texted him directly. they had only contacted each other through the group chat, and even that was sparse. yamaguchi was usually the only one who texted. i have to tell him i have his sweatshirt, she reasoned with herself. he gave it to me for safekeeping, this is my fault. slowly, she typed out a message to him.

tsukishima-san

i have your sweatshirt.

nova sighed to herself. she closed her eyes, completing her breathing exercise to try to calm herself down a bit. she startled as she felt her phone vibrate, still clutched in her hands. she quickly opened her phone to see a reply from the boy.

tsukishima-san: okay.

she blinked slowly down at her phone. what. she willed him to send another text, as she didn't know what to do in this situation, but no other response came. glaring slightly at her phone, she gathered her courage and sent another text to him.

tsukishima-san

i apologize, i did not mean to take it home with me. i forgot that i placed it in my backpack.

she put her phone down and leaned back in her chair as she waited for him to respond. she was upset at herself for being so forgetful. she couldn't even remember the last time she had done something so careless. maybe i have, and i forgot, because i am careless, she thought, the horror growing. she was brought out of her spiraling thoughts when she heard her phone vibrate on the desk. she quickly picked it up to read the notification from her messages app.