☾ - 𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈 - ✧

{──────────── ☾ ✧ ────────────}

hana opened the door with a reserved gaze, but her face brightened when she saw tsukishima standing on the porch. "tsukishima-kun!" she exclaimed, "what a pleasant surprise!" before he could tell her why he'd come, a knowing glint flashed in her eyes and her smile grew wider. "you came to see nova, correct?"

"ah, no," tsukishima mumbled awkwardly, trying to keep himself from shifting under her gaze. "i've brought the make-up work from class." he held the folder out to her, but instead of taking it, hana gaze it a cursory glance and moved aside to try to usher him through the doorway. "how kind of you! but since you're here, why don't you come inside for a few minutes? i can get to know you a little better." she added as an afterthought, "nova barely tells me anything about any of her friends…"

tsukishima glanced behind him to the street. "thank you, but my parents will be expecting me home soon."

hana's smile dimmed, but she nodded in understanding. "i understand. i'll just take the work then." holding out her hands expectantly, she frowned when tsukishima didn't immediately hand the folder over. "tsukishima-kun?"

the blonde-haired boy had titled his head slightly to the side, a look of concentration passing over his face. "what's that sound?"

hana glanced behind her before facing him again. "that would be nova. you came at a good time, she's practicing on her piano right now. she has a recital coming up."

"recital?" tsukishima echoed quietly, and since hana had raised a child whose emotions were hard to detect, she could easily hear the faint curiosity in his voice.

"are you sure you can't come in for a few minutes? i have some strawberries, too, if you'd like a quick snack before you head home."

tsukishima hesitated for a moment before nodding his head once. "alright, but i can't stay long."

hana smiled softly. "that's fine, we're happy to have you." finally, tsukishima stepped through the doorway and took off his shoes, slipping on the plain black house slippers for guests.

once he'd finished, hana lead him down the hallway and into the kitchen. the sounds from the piano had become louder and now were heard clearly since only a wall separated them from it now. "i don't want to disturb her," hana stated quietly, moving to the fridge. "she's almost finished," she continued, taking out a package of strawberries and gesturing to the table. "you can sit down, i'll only be a moment."

tsukishima gently set down his bag and sat in the same chair from the last time he'd come to here, for the mini tutoring session with nova. he idly wondered if her mother knew about that.