☾ - 𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈 - ✧

{──────────── ☾ ✧ ────────────}

nova slowed as she saw the gym in the distance, afraid of the anger and consequential scolding she would receive from coach ukai. she didn't know him very well, but it was safe to assume from what she knew of his gruffness that he would not be happy with her wandering around after he'd explicitly told her not to get lost.

sugawara noticed her falling behind, and gave her a reassuring smile. "it's okay, miako-san. the important thing is that you're safe, and i wasn't that angry when i found you, right?"

nova didn't answer him, and only stared at the ground as they approached the entrance since she did think he was fairly angry before.

she sighed softly as sugawara led the way into the gym and announced their arrival with hinata following close behind after waving to her. she breathed in and completed her breathing exercise before peeking inside the doorway. seeing that no one was looking directly at her (yet), she slowly stepped inside and started walking toward shimizu, who was looking at her with relief.

she stopped, though, when she heard ukai call to her by the volleyball net.

"miako-san."

she flinched and turned to the coach, twisting her hands all the while. he sighed when he saw her clearly anxious form and continued to speak in a gentler tone (it still sounded raspy though). "can you come over here?"

she nodded and walked closer to him, letting her hair fall in front of her face to cover it. she looked down at ukai's feet to see one of them tapping on the ground and decided to focus on that instead of the man's angry face.

"look at me."

nova sighed softly and glanced up at the man before looking to the side, incapable of staring directly at him. "i was this close," he held up a hand with two fingers less than an inch apart. "to calling your mother. do you realize how much danger you could have been in? how upset your mom would've been?" miako nodded. ukai nodded also. "now, are you hurt?"

nova immediately shook her head, wanting to get away from him as soon as possible.

"okay, good. don't let this happen again. you're not allowed to walk alone from now on, you hear me?" she nodded slowly, a bit disappointed about having to have a companion but mostly relieved that she'd still be able to walk around if she needed to.

ukai waved a hand at her in a shooing motion. "okay, get out of here, then."

nova quickly turned and started to head towards shimizu again, but stopped when a pair of green sneakers stepped in front of her. she recalled sugawara's words as she looked up to meet golden-brown eyes. "ukai-sensei isn't happy, and don't even get me started on tsukishima..."