Divert the river

Time seemed to rush by. Happiness was a common force in our routine. It mostly radiated from Bella but it stuck on the others as well. And if they found themselves worrying about the future I made sure that they wouldn't have capacity for that. My main weapon was my new game that I invented. Catch the baby if you can. My first player was Leah and my
Constant player became Emmett. The rules were simple. When they attempted to turn they back to me i make a run for it and start crawl towards my escape. From this moment on every tactic is allowed. If i can slip out from the house i win of they can catch me before thats happens they win. Truth be told the odds was against me as there are eight full grown vampire in the house and just me. They always thankful for any gods that exists that Renesmee is a calm child. If she would do the same shits that i do they would start to getting white hair that is for sure.

I was rolling in the living room while Edward chased me. He was away for a minute to prepare our food and that minute was enough for me to crawl free from the kitchen. He quickly blocked my way outside so I had to dodge him and roll under the sofa.

"I swear she enjoys making a fool of us." Jasper said. He was both annoyed but entertained. He came to help. My dad alone can't beat me, that is a proven fact.

"You know if I were a baby I would do the same." Emmett came in to join the game. He enjoyed our tag the most.

"You are still a baby, Emmett don't lie." Edward told him. He was concentrating on which side he would approach the sofa so I wouldn't slip away again.

"That's why Tiny Carlie loves me so much." Emmett joked on and the three boys surrounded the couch.

Renesmee sat at the other side of the livingroom on the baby rug. She saw that my options are limited as i am outnumbered again and the door got locked. While my chasers attempted to circle me a rushed away at the fourth side of the furniture. I barely could avoid to be caught by Jasper. Thats when Renesmee saw the weak point in my defenses. She stood from her spot and in her tiny legs she run to me and grabbed one of my legs.

I looked back at her in shock. I wasn't the only one. These were Ren's first steps and she completely skipped the crawling part. That cheater!

"Nice job Nessy!" Jacob congratulated her. Everyone clapped as catching me always a hard achievement. Some were more happy than others.

Ren smiled down at me smugly. I reached for her to help me up. She took my hand and pulled me until I was standing next to her. I saw the surprise in Edwards' eyes. We were 3 months old but now that we are standing next to each other we look like a one year old. Reality hit him hard.

I smiled at him mischievous and when he realized the devil in me it was too late. I flied up the stairs so easily I had to shout out in my child voice.
"Power!!!"

"Oh god please no!!" I heard multiple shouts at once as the whole family flashed after me. Renesmee successfully unleashed a monster.

************************************
Renesmee's first words came surprisingly out of the blue as well. We were outside the garden. Jacob and his tiny pack was our company in their wolf form. Jacob was here because of Ren, and Seth and Leah was here to guard me. We heard as Bella and Edward was talking heatedly. They had their first argument since Bella got turned.

"I told you it is the safest option for the girls. I can keep them from Aro." Bella said

"And I told you I don't want you to go alone. It is far too dangerous." Edward replied.

"It isn't anymore. I am not a human anymore. I could protect myself..." Bella said with a raised voice. The fight went on like that.

That is when Renesmee asked.

"What are mom and dad fighting about?"

I blinked at her in surprise. Of course until then she refused to talk because it was easier to just use her gift and now she is too lazy to walk over and project her thoughts to me? Just great.

"Why do you ask me?'' I glanced a pointed look at Jacob. Usually she asks him since he always answers anything.

"Because you know everything." She told me shortly.

"I don't know everything." I pout. Where did she get that?

"But you know why they are fighting, are you?" She looked at me waiting.

"Well yes." I told her and I saw she wants me to continue. "Mom has to go to Italy to introduce herself. She wants to go alone, but dad don't want that." I sum it up shortly. Seth and Jacob exchange a look. They didn't know about that.

"Is mom would be in danger?" Renesmee asked. She was worried now. It sounds important to her. Jacob leaned his head on her tiny shoulder to calm her down.

"Alice said she won't be in danger but dad still doesn't believe her. Last time when they were there..." and now I peek at Edward. I frowned as i wanted to find the most child friendly version of the story. "They were rude to her." I chose this version

In Edward's memory I saw that Felix had quite the pervert intentions towards our mother not to talk about the whole eat her and kill her part.

Leah decided that i shouldn't spy into my father's mind so she placed herself into my line of sight.

"You are so overprotective. All of you."I told her grumpily.
She just poked me with her nose foundly. That is what adults are for. She sad in her mind.

"hmp." That was all my answer.

Our parents argument got me thinking. They are making a big deal for nothing. Bella will never go to Volterra as the Volturi will come here. It is almost the right time. It unintentionally made me nervous. Of course it is written in the original that it will be resolved peacefully. But one tiny bit bothers me. This reality is not the original. I live here. Renesmee has a twin. The more I think about it, the more I have to admit that it is an alternative timeline. And if it isn't the exact same copy as the original that means the future won't necessarily go as the original.

That means if Alice doesn't arrive in time with her witnesses there will be a fight. Our Friends and family will die. But perhaps it all goes down as it was written and no one dies except Irina.

That thought kept me going. Irina dies because she was a false witness. Which made my blood boil. Isn't the judge's job to decide the truth? Irina went to them with a situation that no one understands and Caius blames it on the witness who came for a decision? I never understood the logic. The motivation is clear. Kill Irina and there will be a war. But logically they couldn't do that as she wasn't a sinner. She was the questioning part. A loyal servant. Killing someone who seeks their help is a backstab to themselves. Who would go and ask advice again if it is life threatening? No wonder Aro wasn't delighted with Caius in the original.

As I went through every detail one thing became clear. If Irina won't report us our future won't be in danger. Or I just set up a whole butterfly effect and we are doomed. Either way it is all risky. If i let things go and the fight happens then the a huge part of our coven might die. Or if it won't happen Irina dies anyway. At the end it all comes down to her. She is the narrow cross section.

I decided. I will divert this timeline and later I will take care of the loose ends. Like Aro's set decision to destroy our family just because he is jealous. Yes, that is what I am going to do.