Here Comes Charlie

While Carlisle went to welcome Charlie, Edward turned to us and said.

"There will be an important guest coming." He started." He is not like us. And he is not like Jacob either. You will be thirsty but you can't bite him. He won't heal like we do." When he saw the understanding of us he emphasized. "You should be extra careful Carlie. You never ever bite him okay? It will hurt him very much. Do you understand? '' Edward said to me. Of course. Unlike Renesmee my bite would turn him. I nodded as he couldn't read my mind. He patted my head proudly.

"They can understand? Bella asked.

"Yes. They are very clever." Edward answered foundly.

Not long later we heard Charlie approaching. He looked around the room. He spotted Jacob in the corner.

"Hi Charlie." He welcomed him.

"Hello Jacob." He said half heartedly then turned to Bella. He didn't notice us because his daughter's new appearance shocked him. He saw a stranger who looked like her daughter. His heart got tight in fear. Just what happend?

"Bella is that you?" He started hesitantly.

"Hi dad." Bella said. She flinched at her own voice.

"Are you alright? You look...different." he said. He fought so hard to not collapse here on the floor. He was worried and angry. He could just shout and cry. Why couldn't Bella trust him? Why did he had to know that something is fishy from a large dog? Why couldn't he protect her?

Man, I wanted so hard to rush there and hug him. I wanted to say to him: it was not your fault. You are a good dad. But his smell started to fill the room. My throat burned up with thirst. Of course I felt the thirst before. But when I did it was from a bottle of blood. It was dead and muted. But Charlie was alive. His blood pumped fast and stable. His scent was mouthwatering. I gritted my teeth in concentration. Renesmee recognised the thirst too but she had a much easier time with it. Lucky girl.

"I am fine dad. I am more than fine. I am great." Bella said. She tried to use a small amount of air so she shouldn't have to breathe and feel her dad's alluring blood.

"You know." Charlie said. "I just saw a kid who i knew all of my life turn into this giant dog. So excuse me Bella if i need a bit more than i am fine. What happened to you? Were you really sick?" His upset mood came through his voice.

"I am really fine dad. Can't this be enough?" Bella pleaded, "I promise I will tell you everything what you need to know."

"And this is not something i need to know?" He asked with disbelief.

"No. This isn't." Bella's voice was full of sorrow.

"You won't turn into a giant dog are you?" He asked suspiciously.

Finally at that Bella smiled.

"She Just wishes to be that cool." Jacob joked.

It was the moment when Renesmee made herself noticeable by peeking out from Bella's hair with curiosity. Charlie saw her and he couldn't find his words. Edward took the lead.

"Charlie, please meet my nieces."

"Your nieces." He asked and when he looked at Edward for the first time he noticed me too. How did he not recognise that there were children in the room?

"Yes. She is Renesmee," Bella motioned at her proudly. "And Carlie."In her voice I could hear that this is more of the topic that she would like to talk about.

Charlie stepped closer and looked at Renesmee and me.

"They had your eyes Bella." He said and when he saw Bella's smug smile he commented. "Need to know I guess?"