From Now On Everyone Can Chill

When we learned that Alice and Jasper found Nahuel we were understandably excited. Bella was nervous of course but it wasn't anything new. She could stress out about everything that is unknown. Senna wasn't easier in that sense. As I got to know, the Amazons didn't really receive guests. They lived in isolation for so long that they forgot how to socialize with others. We were an exception as my sister's nature could bridge over any awkwardness that might be present. But Nahuel and her aunt were another case. They didn't just happen to be here by accident. They were invited. And so we have to be a presentable host for them.

This is the part where Senna lost her marbles. She didn't have to play host since she was human, and that was hundreds of years ago. She claimed that she got out of practice and it didn't help her out that the world changed drastically since then. She couldn't decide which custom she should hold onto. Edward tried to help out but he caught on the fact that he didn't know how old the guests were. If they are old fashioned then the modern hospitality can be seen as rude. Nothing can be easy, I see.

I was glad that I am just a child and I didn't have to deal with this mess. In my previous life I had my fair share of hosting family meetings and god save me from them. The stress and the complaining cousins were such a pain. So this time I avoided this matter as far away as I could. Renesmee of course wanted to be in the middle of the planning. Her curious mind craved for the challenge that the organization could present. She didn't have any bad experience about it yet.

Because I had no business I had to keep myself busy. So I faced my nemesis that was making my life miserable. My shield. I found myself a peaceful branch to sit on. Far enough so I would be alone but close enough for my parents to find me. After all, I didn't want to get lost in the jungle.

I started my usual breathing meditation as I had no idea how else I can find a mystic force in myself. I sat there for minutes. I tried to relax my muscles. Put my mind at ease. From time to time I got distracted by my own fear from failure. I caught myself spiraling into annoyance and forced myself to just relax. I frowned as I fought my inner turmoil. Why can't I do it? What if I don't have the talent? But my shield exists... I felt small wrinkles on my nose as my face didn't smoothe out.

"If you continue like this, these wrinkles will stay there forever." I heard a chiming voice. I snapped my eyes open to see Alice standing before me.

"Aunty Alice!" I realized happily and rushed to her arms. "You are earlier than we expected." I told her pulling away from the hug.

"Are you scolding us?" Jasper stepped next to us and patted my head.

"No... I would never..." I smiled smugly.

They laughed and I realized I heard six voices, not two. I glanced behind them and I found a small group standing a few feet away. My curiosity peaked as the number didn't add up. There was Kachiri and with her another vampire woman. Next to them stood a man. He was a hybrid. His heartbeat told me that. And then next to him another hybrid girl? What?

"Who are you?" I pointed the question to her. I didn't mean to be rude, but I ended up being one.

"Carlie meet Nahuel." Alice patiently gestured to the stranger. "Huilen his aunt." She then introduced the vampire woman. "And Jennifer, Nahuel's sister." She finished with the new girl.

"Oh! You are Jennifer!" My eyes lit up like I met with a celebrity. An unknown character that was only mentioned but never made it to the films? Such a win!

The girl shared a glance with Alice and Jasper asking: How am I knowing her? They shrugged. I had done stranger things then that. Kindly ignoring them I slipped out from my aunt's hold and I toddled to them.