The Amazons

"Who are you?" Bella hissed at her. I could guess that she was contemplating if this woman before us is an enemy or not. I mean Alice surely did.

"You can call me Zafrina." She introduced herself.

God she had such a beautiful deep voice. I bet she could sing the alt lines so well. Can she sing? I had to find out later.

"You did this to us?" Alice asked, referring to the overwhelming illusion that was on her and Renesmee until now.

"Yes. I tend to herd others away from our territory." She told us simply. I could see she is not the type who beats around the bush.

"You herded us?" Alice asked suspiciously.

"Yes." Zafrina told us matter of factly. Bella and Alice exchanged a look. Did she can help us?

"So you live here?" Bella asked this time.

"For a while now, yes." Zafrian replied.

"Can we speak? We had a few questions and you might be able to help us." Alice offered kindly. She straightened up from her protective stance signaling that she meant peace. She immediately saw the opportunity.

"We could... I had my own curiosity." Zafrina's red eyes traveled at Bella and then behind her at me. She was interested in why we didn't fall for her illusion. And of course why would two vampires protect two human children...
I smiled at her brightly. I could have stepped closer if Bella wouldn't have kept me so tight.

Our short conversation got distracted as we heard fast feets approaching us. Shortly Edward, Jasper and Jacob rushed out from the trees. Jacob in his wolf form. He looked around and when he saw Zafrina a dangerous growl left him. He clearly saw her as a threat.

"We heard screaming." Edward told shortly and he measured the situation with his telepathy. Jasper did the same with his empathy.

"Oh it is alright. Guys this is Zafrina. And Zafrina they are our family." Alice introduced them to each other like she was introducing an old friend of hers.
"He is my husband Jasper." She danced at his side and pressed a kiss on his cheek to make him relax.
"He is Edward, Bella's husband." She gestured at them.
"Oh and by the way I am Alice. I forgot that. The wolf here is Jacob, the family's friend and the twins are Renesmee and Carlie Edward and Bella's daughter." She finished with a bright smile like this will solve all the tension that was still in the air.

It didn't fully. Zafrina stood stiff as she judged our clearly huge and dangerous coven. Now it was her turn to decide that we are friends or foes. At the end her curiosity led her to ask.

"Your daughters?" And she looked at Bella and then Edward. Edward was already standing next to Bella covering Renesmee's side.

"Yes." Bella smiled fondly at us. "They were born when i was still human." She revealed shyly as if she wasn't sure that this is the right thing to do.

"Will you turn them?" Zafrina asked. It wasn't an accusation, just a simple question.

"No." Everyone answered at once. It surprised her but didn't react to it badly. Zafrina looked over our group. What a strange bunch we were.

"We can talk but I would like you to meet my sisters too. They are a bit uneasy around strangers." She told us.

We agreed and followed her deeper into the jungle. Jacob stayed in his wolf form as he felt more in ease this way. Me and my sister sat on his back so we would be able to keep up with the others who were running at vampire speed. I think we could run with them if we really try. I once overran Irina too, so speed is not that big of a problem. Maybe we run out of stamina. But of course we couldn't find out just yet as they thought we were too young to run with them...