Twenty five

Madison knew how she was due to have her baby in two months. She was scared and she had no idea what to expect.

She had been feeling so unwell lately. Her mental health had been deteriorating. She had no idea why. She felt as though she had to do something to distract herself from it.

Kush had told her how he couldn't wait to make her happy. How he wanted to be the one who made her happy and she was going to be happy with him.

Madison had been having doubts about becoming a mum. She was scared. But she needed to somehow get through it.

She knew she couldn't do anything about it now. She was excited to have her baby. But part of her was scared she wouldn't do a good job.

That something would go wrong. And she couldn't get those thoughts out of her head.

She knew how things for her family were in a good place. Her mum had been seeing Phil Mitchell. Mia was in a relationship with Jack Branning and she was happy.

She was happy too. She had Kush and she had her baby. But she was having her doubts about it. She knew that things were going well.

All she knew was that things were going good for her. And she just had to somehow make it keep working out.

Morning came and she walked into the living room. Mia was sitting there. She looked to her and smiled. "Hey. You okay?" Madison asked.

Mia nodded and smiled. She pulled her cousin down next to her. She sighed. "Who would have thought that you and I would be in normal relationships? Us Slater's have relationships with normal men."

Madison nodded. "Yeah. And I'm having a baby. This doesn't seem real. It's way too weird to be honest with you."

"And your stepdad is now Phil Mitchell. That's just plain weird if I'm being honest. Who would have thought that you'd be the stepdaughter of Phil Mitchell," Mia said as she took a sip of her coffee.

Madison groaned. "You're making this sound so weird. I love it," she joked.

"I know. I am weird. Where's Kush?" Mia asked looking around.

"Working. He was up at half 5 this morning."

***
Madison was walking through the square. She walked over to Kush and smiled. "Hey babe."

"Oh hey. Are you okay?" Kush asked as he kissed her lips.

Madison nodded. "Do you wanna go for dinner tonight?" She asked.

"I'd love to. Are you okay?" He asked. He had been worried about her lately. And he wanted to know she was okay.

"I'm good. I promise. I'll book us somewhere nice for dinner. My treat," Madison said as she walked off.

Kush stood there and frowned. He knew there was something wrong with her. He didn't know what it was though.

***
Madison walked back into the house with Kush. He grabbed her hips and pulled her close. Well, as close as he could with her bump being in the way.

He smiled. "I promise Madison Slater. I'm going to do all I can to make you happy. I love you."

"I love you too."

The two of them kissed. Unaware of how the baby's early arrival was going to send Madison's mental health spiralling.