(8)勇気

𝑨𝑶𝑰'𝑺 𝑷𝑶𝑽

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

"What do you mean you've committed hundreds of felonies and eat worms at the back of the school's parking lot?" I side glance Inosuke, he just told me his whole life story for no reason.

"Well, if you're gunna be my mate, you have to know what I do in my free time." He munches on the tempura I got for him. I kinda regret going on this date with him.

"...Inosuke, if we get married, you have to promise not to tell our kids what the hell you're up to." I narrow my eyes at him, putting my hands on my hips. He pauses and looks up at me, mid chew.

"...Okay." 

He has his hand behind his back.

"Inosuke." I tell him sternly, he sighs and pulls his hands away from his back.

"I pinky promise." He grin's mischievously, holding up his pinky.

I roll my eyes at his childishness, but I wrap my pinky around his anyways. 

"Pinky promise."

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

𝑺𝑼𝑴𝑰'𝑺 𝑷𝑶𝑽

"Akari, sometimes, I wish you weren't so dense." I mumbled to myself while laying on my bed, looking up at the ceiling. It's summer, and it's so hot for no reason. 36 DEGREE'S.

I've been thinking about stuff lately. How my parents had left me here in Tokyo while they had the time of their lives back in Osaka, Mitsuri leaving me behind in that shitty city, and then ending up here. 

While thinking about how deep my lore is,  I get a phone call. 

'I'LL RIDE EM AND LICK EM AND THEN IM GONN SUCK EM...' 

Familiar words rang out in my room, yes, it's my ringtone. 

"Hello?" I ask, picking up the phone.

'SUMI-CHAN!!" A giggly, gay, screeching voice rang out. 

Sighing, I decide to hang up before bursting my eardrums.

 ...

DORAEMON 😰

Hey, Sumi chan! Why'd you hang up :(( 

ME (SUMI) 

Douma, I'm not in the mood to call right now.

DORAEMON 😰

Awww... princess, you have to stop ignoring me!! 

ME (SUMI) 

What did you expect me to do? 'Omg hii Douma 😣😽'  like one of your fan girls?

DORAEMON 😰

( DORAEMON DELETED A MESSAGE )

... 

'Hey Sumi, do you have a yukata I could borrow? I'm going to the festival with Kyojuro."

 Akari muffled while brushing her teeth, it was pretty early so I wasn't blaming her. 

"Hm? Sure I guess, I have like... 2 spare ones." 

I decide to take my eyes away from the ceiling to look at her properly. 

"You can pick, it's in my closet." I stand up to stretch, before bumping into the fan.

"SHIT!" 

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

"...Hey, Sumi-chan... you have to be more careful when stretching~" 

A voice whispers in my ear, it's so windy wtf??

I groan as I open my eyes, my head really fucking hurts.

"An angel?" I squint my eyes at the silver haired figure who's above me.

"No, it's Douma." A soft chuckle escapes his lips. I frown before pulling him down next to me.

"...Where's Akari?" I ask, my eyes still a bit blurry. 

"Ah, she went with Kyojuro san! I trust that my little sister is in good hands!" He replied, putting his fingers through my hair. 

Hold up.

I turn around slowly to look at him, before punching him in the face.

"WHY ARE YOU TOUCHING ME SO SENSUALLY?! DON'T MAKE ME ONE OF YOUR SIDECHICKS!!" 

I screech out, pulling his hair as he lets out small whimpers of pain.

"...Sumi?" A soft, feminine voice calls out gently.

 I turn my head slowly again, looking at the door way. 

It's Mitsuri.

And I forgot she was coming over today.

"A-ah... Mitsuri..." I smile sheepishly while pulling getting off Douma. 

"...You didn't tell me you had a boyfriend!! How wonderful!! When will the wedding be??"

 She squeals out in joy, Obanai is behind her. I can tell he's pretty uncomfortable. 

"...In 2 years time."

 Douma chuckles before squeezing me into a bear hug. My jaw drops. 

"W-wait no! I swear it's not what it looks like!! He's not my boyfriend!"

 I muffle out, trying to get out of his chest. 

"Oh stop denying it, Sumi- chan! You and I were destined to be together!!"

 He coos before kissing my forehead. 

"DOUMA I'LL RIP YOUR THROAT OUT!!" 

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

𝑨𝑲𝑨𝑹𝑰'𝑺 𝑷𝑶𝑽

"...I wonder what Sumi and Douma are doing..." I think out loud, oblivious to the loud eating noises beside me.

"UMAI! UMAI! UMAI!" Kyojuro muffled while scarfing down his bento box. I just sigh before looking around at the stalls. I've liked Kyojuro for a long time, I really have. 

But it just seems he's a bit too oblivious to it. 

And I just want him to notice me, just once, in a different way. As in, not as a friend. 

I don't know... he just has a way of making people seem brighter, and he helps them become the best version of themselves. 

...

"Akari, whatever you do, make sure you always keep trying! Okay?? I'm rooting for you!"

 Kyojuro encouraged me, clasping my hands into his gently. I couldn't help but smile and nod at him. 

I was very quiet before I met him, now I can't help but be the best I can be in front of Kyojuro.

Because in his eyes, my courage meant the world to him. 

...

DORAEMON'S DELETED MESSAGE

Why can't you be my fan girl?

-

ALRIGHT!! 890 words!! It's a bit shorter than I expected, but meh. 

Hey Akari, I finished this at 12 🥵😘.