CHAPTER 5: RAY LIGHT COMPANY

"We are here... Monica... Monica?!" Amanda slapped her best friends shoulder. She sat up eyes wide.
"What? What is it?"
"We have arrived"
"Where? What's going on?"
"Damn you Missy. Did you forget it is our first day at work? Were you dreaming about the past?"
She shook her head guilty, to be honest that was her only dream for seven years. Dreaming about how she ended up being the second daughter of madam Laura,of how she came from a poor little girl to a rich daughter of Laura the famous business woman in Nairobi city

"Sorry, it just can't get out of my head"
"Including meeting that handsome man?" Amanda wagged her brow at her. She couldn't stop blushing about it.
"Come on, stop teasing me!"
"Goodness, I heard the CEO here is a wild animal. He's cold and intimidating. Come on we should not be late on our first day" Amanda urged Monica. They jumped out of the car and rushed into the massive building. They signed in at the receptionist and rushed into the elevator.
"Which floor is it?"
"What?" Amanda exclaimed
"Which floor?"
"Oh, eight floor"
"Alright!"
The elevator shut, and the two took their time to fix their clothes.
"So which department are you in?"
"Finance, and you?"
Monica sighed tiredly "I have not been informed yet"
Amanda shook her head giving her friend pitiful eyes "don't tell me you will be meeting that aloof young man this early in the morning!"
"Seems like it" she pouted but her friend didn't console her, instead she was laughing her ass off.
"Here we're" the elevator dinged open and they were welcomed into the vast working space. They were dumbfounded when they found people rushing around from one place to another.
"What is going on?"
"The CEO is visiting today. Come on he doesn't like dirty working spaces or disorganized things" a slender lady answered and rushed off immediately.
"What kind of guy is he? Everyone seems to be afraid of him!" Amanda noted feigning to shiver.
"Well, I wonder where miss Laura and her friend got such a cold CEO from!"
"He's coming, to the meeting room immediately run!" Someone announced
"We better comply" Monica grabbed her friends hands and rushed into the conference room on the upper floor. The room was quiet even if the guy had not shown up. Monica was eager to see this guy who was making everyone panic like that.

"He is not here yet everyone is so quiet"
"Is he a freak?" Monica whispered "how scary must he be?"
"Definitely an old wagon with a crooked nose and stringy beards. Those kind of guys are the ones who can scare people like this"
"That must be it" Monica agreed and nodded in agreement.
"Fine...
Footsteps interrupted Amanda and the room turned cold. They all glanced at the entrance as the tall silhouette of a man made it's way into the stage. The man was in black pants and a loose white shirt that was exposing his fine chest. A silver necklace adorned his tout neck. His eyes were sharp and eagle like, he walked majestically, his long legs making sure strides onto the stage.
He lifted his eyes and dipped his hands into his pants pockets.

"That is not ugly. Damn!" Amanda whispered.
"I know right... He looks like a model, or an actor!"
"Damn, if only he wasn't cold and aloof" Amanda added sadly.

"Welcome to work. It is a pleasant morning, may it be so to the evening. Finance department I need this months files. Marketing department, I need the report for last week, the same to the transportation team. To all new employees try to catch up with the others and please do your best. I'm Sebastian Bismarck, if you got any inquiries see you in my office. Dismissed!" And he left the room just like that.

"What?"
"He's really something " Monica sighed tiredly, she was already overwhelmed by the first impression of the CEO.
"How do people work with that guy. He didn't even say hello or good morning!" Amanda complained.
"I think that is why Ray Light is among the best companies we have around "
"Sebastian Bismarck. His name alone sends chills down my spine " Amanda stood up "seems like you got to see his face again madam Monica " Amanda laughed at her friend "see you around and I hope you will still be alive "
"Wish me luck " Monica pouted
"Good luck " Amanda bounced off and joined the others from her department.
Monica stood there in the empty room and sighed. Why was she scared, he is just a human with an outstanding personality that's all.
She made her way to his office and knocked at the door. She waited a moment and knocked again.
"Get in" the guy said.
Monica walked inside timidly, the cold CEO was sitting behind his computer and another short plumb man was sitting on the other side slouched lazily.
"What is it?"
"I am new here"
"So?"
She was out of words, what is that supposed to mean? So? Seriously? She forced a tight smile, the guy was not even looking at him.
"I have not been assigned to a department yet!"
"Name?"
"Monica Kingori"
A knock sounded at the door, two ladies walked in carrying piles of files and placed them on the table.
"Sir, this are the files and the reports you asked for."
"Good"
The ladies rushed out hurriedly, the dude kept working on his computer without paying attention to Monica. She was frustrated by his passive behavior.
"Excuse me sir? What about...
"Get started with those files already " be raised his eyes but didn't look at her. "That is your desk " he pointed at a desk by the door "I need them all done before eleven "
"What?"
"Should I repeat myself?" His cold eyes pierced her and she was lost for a moment. She didn't know what to say, she shook her head and grabbed the files. They were so damn heavy.
"Carrying them one by one will not cost you anything!"
She wanted to growl at the guy but she chose to be silent. She sat at her working space and started working already. The man was quietly working on his computer and the other guy was busy reading through a file quietly.