CHAPTER 13:WHAT ARE WE?

That evening, Monica sat there at the counter watching the man move around in the kitchen gracefully. He was tall, his back was wide almost occupying the entire working space or so she thought. But the man was massive. He moved carefully, accurately as if he was very familiar with the kitchen.
He cleaned any spillage he made on the counter and his reflexes were perfect. His muscles seemed to be working to his advantage. His biceps popped out whenever he had to use a little bit more effort to work around. And Monica found herself gulping at them. Which she didn't even notice she was.
Why was he wearing a sleeves vest? She scolded him mentally. He should have put on t-shirt at least.  Monica wailed internally.

The man glanced at her passing her a smile that she mirrored immediately then  he continued stirring the pot.

He covered it then sat on the counter loosening the floral apron that Monica still found very hilarious, especially when he was wearing it.
"It will cook in a minute!" He said.
"You are so good in the kitchen" Monica complicated him.
"In bed too" the man whispered and Monica's eyes went wide. "Thank you!"
"Are you always this shameless?"
Seb grinned leaning back to make himself comfortable on the stool.
"Nope, I am just in good spirit tonight"
"Because?"
"There's a pretty woman in my condo"
Monica cursed under her breathe and chuckled.
"Maybe you are sick" she mumbled "do you have a fever?"
Sebastian laughed handsomely "no, I am just enjoying teasing you. You have a habit of making a facial expression whenever saying something. Especially when acting flattered or embarrassed "
"You think I am embarrassed?"
"Deny it!"
Monica pressed her lips in a thin line and leaned back. She hated how he was easily getting on her nerves nowadays. This is not pretty.

"Someone told me, you are not social. I am just wondering how you are talking so much here. I think I was deceived!"
"Not really, I am not at all social. I just speak a lot where I am at ease"
"Is that so?"
"Yes" the man turned back and reduced the heat on the cooker "so everyone thinks I am antisocial "
"I see. So besides reading fiction novels what else do you do?"

Seb grinned *I think we are going too fast*
"I swim and play tennis sometimes, hockey too"
"I thought so"
"About?"
"Hockey" she said "it's normal for rich buddies to play hockey"
"Well, it is a nice sport. You should try it out"
"Sure thing."
"What about you? What do you do other than playing detective?"
Monica chuckled "what do you mean by playing detective?" She was not actually waiting for an answer "well, nothing really interesting. I was in a martial arts class back in campus. I am also a photographer. I love photography"
"How unique"
"Well. I swim sometimes but I don't fancy swimming that much. I do calligraphy... But that was long time ago"
"You seem to love art a lot."
"I do" she agreed "I took a short course in art. You know... Painting and stuff but I have fancied office work more"
"I see" Seb nodded "you are loaded"
"Don't flatter me. " She said "there's a lot I cannot do"
"Like what?" Seb was curious now. He felt defeated a moment ago, now there was something promising coming to lift his spirit.
"I honestly can't cook or read much... Let alone play tennis or hockey"
Her smile fell.
"I can't draw, I can't paint... Neither am I good in martial arts or as strong as you are "
Monica lifted her eyes to the man who was looking at her with compassion. She smiled slowly.
"We are ...
"Two different sides of the same leaf" he said "so there is no reason to feel bad about what we cannot do. At least you can do what I can not and vice versa"

A smile eased on Monica's face. This bastard was good with words.
"Fair enough"

"I almost forgot, I got you a phone. It's in the bedroom, the broken one couldn't be fixed at all"
"How much did it cost you?"

Seb turned off the cooker fishing plated out of the cupboard and served the mouth watering meal he had prepared.

"A few coins" he said.
"Seriously?"
"Thirty thousand!"
"You'll give me your account details, I will wire you the money" Monica said as if it was not a big deal.
"No need... I will ask for it when I need it, relax."
"Ok, thanks anyway"
"You're welcome"