CHAPTER 6: THE UNBEARABLE MR SEB

Monica arrived home late, she ended up driving the sick hot tempered CEO to his house. Doctor William had escorted her since the guy was too weak to do anything on his own. She was tired and took a taxi home. At the gate, the hilarious Bernard was grinning at her sheepishly.

"Long day at work?"
"Yes"
"Me too"
Monica chuckled "really?"
"Just trying to make you feel better" he grinned again closing the gate. "Have a good rest madam"
"Thank you!"

Monica dragged herself into the house. The sisters were setting the table, they smiled brightly at her and Zawadi decided to escort her to the dining room.

"Welcome, sit down please"
"Thank you, where is mom?" She asked handing her bag to Zawadi
"She left, she went to Nigeria to meet one of her business partners"
"Oh, when is she coming back?"
"Maybe the day after tomorrow."
"Alright"
"Hello" Lewis walked downstairs smiling at everyone "Monica you are back. How was your first day?"
"Tiring, there was a lot to do "
"Oh, poor girl. You will get used to it."
"We should eat before the food gets cold" Jane intercepted making everyone sit down to share the meal.

------
Sebastian grabbed his coffee mug tightly trying to warm his cold hands. William who was busy in the kitchen turned off the cooker and served for two. He entered the dinner room with the two plates and sat on the opposite chair.
"Eat before it gets cold"
"I don't have an appetite" Seb said obstinately and the latter glared at him.
"Seriously? Are we doing this again? I will end up kicking you out of my house if you keep this up!" William warned.
"You should have taken me to my house" Seb retorted ungratefully.
"I was not the one driving. Or you wanted your secretary to drive for an hour and crush at your place "
"You could have driven!"
"My car is manual, not an automatic one" the guy defended himself chewing his food seriously "I didn't want to end up in the hospital myself!"
"So? She agreed to drive in her own?"
William leaned back and smiled wickedly. He stared at the man who was eating lazily.
"She's an adorable woman"
Seb choked, he grabbed a glass of water and gulped half of it down.
"What did you say!?"
"She was crying cutely when I came, holding you like you are going to break. She kept asking if you will be okay and couldn't stop weeping."
"You saw it wrong " Seb dismissed the man concentrating on his plate.
"She has a good heart, she offered to drive so I could look after you on the backseat. " William sighed and smiled "no man could be able to resist falling in love with her. Am sure she is already taken, what a pity"
"You are exaggerating" he paused "she's a lioness in person I tell you, it was her first day at work but I couldn't even intimidate her. Instead she kept getting on my nerves every single time she spoke"
"That's a personal problem. She looks like a flower petal to me"
Seb imitated her friend sarcastically "you haven't seen her true colors. She gives me chills, especially when...
"When?
... When I found her pretty face looking down at me like a curious litter cub.
"She shushed me. I almost lost my cool"
"You deserve it. You are stubborn!" William cleared his plate  "finish that, I don't like wasting food"
"Yes doctor William" Seb sat back sulking "don't you have work tonight"
"Are you chasing me out of my house?"
"Oh, I am just concerned, you shouldn't miss work "
"I had a daytime shift, so I will be gone before dawn. But I will make you some porridge, and there is a beating if you leave any."
"Yes father!"
William hurled a pillow at the man who dodged it with a hearty laughter.

Ivy walked out of the lecture hall her eyes fixed in her phone. She bumped into someone she didn't bother to look at it apologize to. She cursed under her breathe and continued to walk away. She joined a couple that was walking in the same direction.
"Terry, are we attending the concert?"
"Why would we miss it?" The tall slender woman exclaimed clinging onto the moderately built young man "are we not going sweetheart?"
"If course we are" the boy nodded patting her head sweetly.
"Come on Ivy, we can't miss. He's the first afro artist coming into our campus this year. You can't miss it"
"A single ticket is two hundred shillings, a couple is three hundred shillings. I will be alone while you guys will be hanging out together"
"Come on girl, the boys will be dragging Simon away. We are going to pair" Terry hugged Ivy tightly. Ivy slapped her off in a friendly manner.
"Your boyfriend is getting jealous"
"Come on Ivy... I am not that possessive!"
"I know"
"We should go buy some take away. Want some KFC chicken as well? " Terry dragged me away
"I will see you girls later" Simon waved at the girls
"See you "
"You are so lucky, Simon Is a good guy"
"Oh I know. He's not clingy like other guys " Terry bragged
"Did you hear that Sally broke up with Jones"
"Goodness, they were the famous couple in campus " Terry laughed "she used to brag on WhatsApp group. She wanted to be Mrs KU with him "
"Honestly, that guy is very handsome " Ivy explained completely drowned in the topic "gosh and he has the sexiest voice on earth"
"Why don't you try your luck" Terry suggested wagging a brow at her friend.
"Oh, girl... He's a rich boy. His dad is a senator? "
"And you are Madam Laura's daughter. Perfect match"
"I should try my luck right?"
"Aha"
They laughed it off and crossed the streets together.