Chapter 51-60

Chapter 51

As soon as Lu Cairen said these words, the originally peaceful and harmonious palace suddenly felt like a pebble thrown into a lake, creating ripples.

Everyone had different expressions, some were envious, some were surprised, some were jealous, some were annoyed, and the bustling hall was silent for a moment.

Everyone's eyes fell on her beautiful face, but Lu Cairen was not timid at all. He straightened his back with a faint smile, calm and indifferent, as if he was not afraid of the wind and rain.

Qin Yuan was also a little surprised when he heard this.

Although it is a good thing that Yu Guiren and Lu Cairen are pregnant one after another, it is even more joyful to tell it on New Year's Eve today. But to be fair, the news of Lu Cairen's pregnancy does not make him as happy as Shen Ji. Thinking that there will be another child in the palace is just a little bit gratifying.

It was only a little over a month since her pregnancy was revealed on New Year's Eve. The Queen Mother gave Lu Cairen an intriguing look.

Although she felt that Lu Cairen was too careless and unsafe, but after all she was a harem heir, she smiled lightly and said: "It's a great joy for Lu Cairen to be pregnant. Why don't you go quickly and change Lu Cairen's diet to Heyu Guiren?" the same."

Qin Yuan hummed and raised his voice slightly to ask everyone below to listen. His voice was still low: "Now there are two pregnant concubines in the palace. It is really a happy event. In addition, it is hard to conceive an heir. Lu Cairen is here to serve. You have been gentle and meticulous in the past year. I should have promoted you to this position, but it is not appropriate to promote you in the new year. I plan to promote you after the spring."

"Lu Cairen, how good is this?"

His Majesty's arrangements were of course no better. Lu Cairen smiled softly and Fu Shen said warmly: "I just listen to Your Majesty's arrangements."

Shen Ji looked at Lu Cairen indifferently, feeling not in a good mood.

She and Lu Cairen had parted ways long ago. They were no longer sisters on the surface, so there was really no need to give her a good look.

As early as when Concubine Lin framed her for killing Guiren Qi, the moment Lu Qingshuang tried her best to step on her into the fire pit, they were enemies. Now that her child has not yet been born, Lu Qingshuang is pregnant. Good things and bad things.

The good thing is that the eyes of everyone in the palace don't have to fall on her alone. The bad thing is that there is an unborn child to take care of His Majesty and the Queen Mother. Now she is pregnant with fear. If His Majesty and the Queen Mother pay more attention to her. Lu Cairen's fetus was less than three months old, so she was even more unsure.

But strangely enough, Lu Cairen is not an impatient person. She is scheming and not a good person. She always seeks stability in her work and will not be radical. However, she just said that she was more than one month pregnant, which was when the fetal gas was unstable, so she could just hide it and wait until three months later.

Then she chose New Year's Eve to announce that she was pregnant in front of the princes and nobles. Was it to show her status or to let His Majesty promote her to the throne?

Although when she was pregnant, His Majesty directly promoted her from Chang Zai to a noble person, she had asked Junxue before that there was no rule in the palace that pregnancy and the birth of an imperial heir must be promoted. Everything depends on His Majesty's wishes. That's all.

Lu Cairen was born in an official family, but she has always been inferior to him in everything. She has been firmly suppressed by him, and she has been dissatisfied for a long time. Although she and Ji Gengyi have been very fond of each other recently, in the end, she is still not as favored as the pregnant herself. , it would make sense to say that she wanted to expose her pregnancy to consolidate her favor and status, and then chose to inform His Majesty of her promotion status on New Year's Eve in order to strive to raise the child herself.