Child Within

Chapter 4

Child Within...

Raghav reached Sahil's office. Sahil was taken aback to see Raghav standing there in his casuals. Sahil stammered while inquiring about his reasons of him being there at time as late as this time of the day.

Raghav requested Sahil to arrange for other driver as he wasn't too comfortable with Kalpana.

Sahil: But sir, Kalpana is skilled and very talented.

Raghav: (nodding his head) Yes I agree, she is indeed very talented, but this talent is pointless if you cannot present yourself well. Tomorrow in the venue of meeting, most clients and workers would be around, and her English problems is affecting my way of speaking as well.

Sahil: How is that happening?

Raghav: Because of her! Her constant blabbering in Hindi, and futile attempts to talk in English, making it mixed language, with words like, "fikar not", "Chamach falling," "Tum yahan laanch khaing."

Sahil cuts him, "Sir, I still do not get what are you exactly trying to say, what's lunch khaaing and why are you speaking in this horrible mixtures?"

Raghav again shocked by his own words, See this is exactly my point, your lady driver will drive me crazy, with her this language!!! I cannot take this anymore!"

Sahil: "So, why are you even encouraging her in speaking that way? Why can't you speak in simple English?"

Raghav: "Because she cannot SPEAK or UNDERSTAND proper English, and I want some sophisticated driver!"

Sahil: (shouts out in loud shocked tone) "Whaat??? Sir, in Mumbai, infact whole of India, you will not find any "Sophisticated person" as a driver, such people just butter up some or other people and in minutes climb the ladder of success! Second, Kalpana is exception, and is most sophisticated driver we have for now, she is definitely better then Rishi as well, I admit..."

Raghav: Sophisticated?? The lady cannot even keep herself up, she is good entertainment piece but nothing more than that!! She has that complete package of skills to drive any normal humanbeing insane as well," Raghav pauses, "Though I too admit, she is really sweet and well versed with city's specifications... Had she known good English she could have... infact I could have help her progress, she could have been perfect tourist guide..." He again pauses, "Infact she still can be... but for those people who come from Village."

This time, Sahil's frustration reaches it's peak as he shouts back... "Kalpana has completed her engineering, and was in batch junior to Prem, she is topper of her college for past 7 exams of graduation, SHE KNOWS ENGLISH WELL! SHE CAN SPEAK, WRITE and READ ENGLISH ... like anyone else... Infact if Prem ever gets stuck with his work, Kalpana is first one he approaches for help... and he does that with almost any presentation, if I am not mistaken, even today evening, Kalpana will be guiding Prem with presentation you all will be presenting tomorrow." Sahil stops there catching his breath, while Raghav heard him standing like statue. Sahil calmed a bit, "Sir, she might have never been doing this had it not been for vitthal, she is just serving his place, but luckily she is better when it comes to "presentation" than vitthal, and had it been he who was here right now, you might have add Anand as driver, but... Kalpana is for sure better than him."

Meanwhile car arrives in garage. It is parked in garage, Sahil sees this, so does Raghav turns back to have the glance of person who has entered, which was Kalpana. Sahil glances at Raghav who looks back at him, Sahil passes Raghav and goes outside. Kalpana smiles seeing Sahil, the smile which said, she was super happy.