Break Down and Realizations

Chapter 14

Break Down and Realizations

Raghav just robotically walked along with all in shopping mall, still trying to figure out Kalpana. His restlessness was now almost reaching it's peak, as couple of tears for the first time made it's way out from his eyes too. Her silence and ignorance was pinching him. He couldn't figure out why it affected so much, BUT fact is it DID! He excused himself as he headed towards washroom, to wash his face. "Just leave me alone!" her words were piercing his heart...!! He wanted to assure her and help her out, but was feeling lost...

Her heart was pinching as she still recalled his panicky state and her outburst as she tried to help her. "It's better to just maintain complete distance, than to be hurt over and over again!" thought Kalpana.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Rest of the day went by shopping and completing other things which were meant to be completed before NRIs left back for their own nation. Though Raghav and Sammy probably waited for the this day ever since they had come, leaving back for USA was as difficult for them. Both had predicted the time in India to be rough and irritating, however none of them denied it was indeed blissful stay on their motherland. However, for Raghav going back even the more difficult for he was missing the chirpy driver he had been tolerating initially with irritation, but now things had changed. They were all in the car after completing their dinner, and tired too, yet SHE had not spoken a word. She seemed to be fine and normal while interacting with Sammy, Maya or Prem, but her different behaviour towards him was annoying.

"Now, Kalpana, I will give you direction for a surprise place, just follow instructions, ok?" Maya said excitedly. Kalpana smiled at her looking into mirror, "Don't worry ma'am, I pretty good at driving as per instructions, ..." she paused and shifted her glance to Raghav, "and this time, I am hoping the directions and ways are perfectly known..." she said... and continued, "Anyways, diesel tank is full, incase if we do get lost..." she taunted looking straight at Raghav through mirror and Raghav stared back at her. Mostly her taunts are light, which can be fired back and argued upon, but today her words while being sarcastic were purely bitter, he just looked back and tried ignoring the hurt he had felt. Kalpana too felt bad, as she once again focused, while Maya laughed out little, "No, Kalpana, don't worry, I know the way, I have been there for booking and stuff, so don't worry," Kalpana nodded with smile with her assurance and yet again looked at Raghav, who was now just looking outside the window completely silent and seemingly disappointed. She wouldn't ever want to sound rude to anyone, she had always been the one who would easily forget and forgive, but this time... This time it wasn't easy for her to just let things go...

Maya had perfectly directed through the way as they entered into gate of a beautiful place, which looked like... Which looked like a huge bunglow... consisting of beautiful lawn with colourful flowers around and decorated with lights. All of them looked around, as Maya instructed Kalpana to park car in a place allotted and join them. Kalpana initially refused to be part of the celebration, as she spoke, "Ma'am, how can driver be part of such programmes and functions, my job just includes driving you from one place to another." Sammy and Prem finally convinced her saying she was Best friend to Prem and had turned out to be their friend as well, as Raghav and Maya quietly walked ahead.

"So yes! This is the surprise I was talking about. This is my brother-in-law's bunglow, but they stay in UK, and after getting his permission and information, I opened it this morning before lunch and got it cleaned and arranged, so we can have some good time out to chillout," Maya stated, "and Aman, Nikita, Trishna, Varun and Ankita, are joining us too soon!" she continued telling Prem that Nikita and Aman are their old friends cum couple. Sammy appreciated the plan, considering they had been Mumbai yet never took out time to meet old pals in the city.