Welcome to Mumbai

Chapter 7

Welcome to Mumbai- 1

As she rested back on her bed at the end of the day, she recalled day's event. Yes... it was tiring, but nothing disappointed Kalpana more than what Raghav had purposely done. She did figure out everything after Raghav told everyone in canteen that he thought "Indians are really used to keeping fasts, and stay hungry for days, but sad you couldn't even survive a day." That made Sammy, Prem and Maya realize that she didn't have anything to eat, but what she came to know was bitter truth, as she recollected, how Raghav suggested Lunch plan, how he stopped her from having fruit, and how he always directed her towards places where things wouldn't be in her reach and budget, till she ultimately gave in. Kalpana really wondered lying on bed, "What kind of man is he?? One evening he tells him, he was just concerned about me, hearing my ..." thought Kalpana as she recollected previous evening, which just added to her irritation. "I will not spare you Mr. Singhaniya... I won't ... Trust me..." determining the same she fell off to sleep, while her mind kept on thinking about how will she get back to him!

On the other hand, Raghav is thinking about Prem and Kalpana, "What kind of relation do they share?" He remembers, Prem defending Kalpana at airport, their interactions there, he recollects how Sahil said, Prem and Kalpana used to be in same college, Kalpana's decision to meet Prem to help him in preparing presentation as late in night as 12.00? "That means, had I not been there, she would have been with Prem yesterday night to help him with his work, as she was in no mood to go home?" Raghav wondered. He rolled his eyes, thinking, why was he even bothered... What was pinching him exactly? As far as what Sahil and Prem himself said was that Kalpana and him are best of buddies, than what's on with these weird thoughts, "Aww.. they are such a cute couple." "Are prem and Kalpana in relationship," Maya and Sammy's words kept ringing in his ears... But yet, he was not too sure about on-going things and turmoil he had within him. He drifted off to sleep... thinking, he shouldn't care or it should not really bother him, though it was very hard for him not too.

Raghav and Sammy came out to have a small walk after finishing their breakfast and were surprised to see Prem coming in taxi and driving it. Seeing Raghav and Sammy outside. "Where is Kalpana?" came the question from Sammy to Prem, while Raghav too waited his response.. Prem smiled, "Well sir, she had to take her father to hospital this morning..." Prem was cut by question of Raghav "What happened to her father? Is he alright?" Prem assured him it was regular check up, ", hence I came around driving it, and meanwhile we discuss the presentation, she will be here by the time we have to leave for meeting at Vashi," completed Prem. Raghav was relieved to know this but at the same time looked at Prem wondering, why did she ask him for help?? And how come he is always around her to help in whenever she needs it!?? His thoughts were stopped, "I will just go and park the car and meet you in room," with words of Prem, as he drived off.

It was just after an hour, that Kalpana had joined them, right on the time they had to leave. Prem smiled at Kalpana and walked towards her... the scene while received only glares from Raghav. "Is everything good?" asked Prem, "Actually Prem, doctor said, there might be requirement of surgery soon, I have informed bhai about it, he will see it soon," replied Kalpana. "Can we leave?" asked Raghav irritated by this whole "I care for you sessions," between Kalpana and Prem. Kalpana nodded in yes and looked at Prem, "I hope you did get the taxi till here," asked Kalpana. "Yes," said Prem and all headed towards the lot... to find car missing..!!! Prem looked around and asked... "Where did car go??" Kalpana was shocked at this question, "What do you mean? Of course it will be at place where you parked it... Prem!!" Raghav too was confused.

Prem pointed towards the place as he said, "I parked it there, and right there..." Kalpana looked at that place in shock!! "Prem, YOU IDIOT!!" she shouted, which did bring slight smile on face of Raghav, while Prem looked at her confused as she continued while facing him angrily, "Can't you see the big sign there, NO PARKING on FRIDAYS and Sundays.!!! You fool!!!" Prem, Raghav and Sammy were shocked..! "That means, it is toh.. towed??" asked Prem. Kalpana rolled her eyes, "We will have to now head towards station of Sandhurst road by other taxi, to save it... Why can't you just be careful.!!" Prem looked down with apology face... "Grrr...!! Prem quit that thing out and let's go NOW, if we do not reach there within 20 minutes then they will shift all "Taxis" to Kurla and from there only Sahil sir can claim it with all papers...!!" She said angrily looking at all and heading outside, "What about Maya??" asked Raghav, "We had to pick her up from her stay!" Kalpana turned back,... "Sure sir go and pick her up, we can try to find the magic lamp here and ask him for his carpet!! Right??" Kalpana questioned sarcastically. Raghav looked at her, "Yes, your assistant does the mistake and now we all are in trouble..." Kalpana looked at him, "Oh No, Not you sir, so far it's just me..." She closed her eyes, calming herself, "let's do one thing, You and Sammy sir, go and pick up Maya Ma'am from other taxi, after that can you reach, abc address? You can ask anyone, mostly all taxi people would be knowing it ..." she said... "meanwhile I and Prem will head to the tow vehicle person there, and get the car! They might just be reaching that place.. and we can save it..." she said... "No!!" came the reply from Raghav, which shocked everyone... "Umm... I meant, all three of us, Me Sammy and Maya are just new to city, this won't be as simple as it looks..." Raghav said... Prem agreed to Raghav, and suggested "I will join Raghav sir to pick up Maya Ma'am, and Sammy sir can accompany you to the person?" Raghav wanted to say something, but stopped unable to find proper excuse, "Ummm... Actually, let it be me, to go and pick up Mrs. Raheja," suggested Sammy, "as I know the person in hotel who has arranged her stay and everything, it's just that it will be easier, cuz, Raghav and Prem have call and take permissions and stuff, I would just be able to walk in." completed Sammy. Raghav smiled unknowingly, and in this way it was Prem and Sammy who headed to pick up Maya, and Raghav and Kalpana headed towards other places where towing car would be. All the while Raghav kept on stealing glances at Kalpana and Kalpana was just there nervous, and wishing that tow truck do not leave the destination.