Disappointments and Misunderstanding- Final Stroke

Chapter 11

Disappointments and Misunderstandings- Final Stroke

It was almost 12.30 and she was really hungry, she thought of treating herself and paying the kind the people indirectly by buying their food would be perfect match, as she settled down in the restaurant... and started having her lunch... Feeling satiety she headed back to the car... She filled up the car with diesel and added the cycle on top of the car... She was indeed lucky that none of it was stolen in her absence ... she chuckled at the thought... It was almost 2.00 as she started her car and headed towards the Sipla and dropped the cycle... Man was glad she was fine and happy...

Kalpana was somehow feeling strong pain in her back and leg ... but she ignored it with the aim of driving as fast as she could. It was for sure not possible for her to reach the place by targeted time, but she would travel as fast as she can and get there... It was only in the mid journey had she received the call from ... She went to her purse and seeing the name "Dada" on the screen, her happiness knew no bound, she took her car to side and halted as she received the call happily, "Dada!!! I hope you have packed your bags and are all set for your visit to see baba soon...!!" she exclaimed happily... But next sentence from the phone wiped off any happiness she had felt just 2 minutes back on seeing his call... and tears formed in her eyes feeling of hurt took over... "How can You Dada??" she questioned as some of water droplets rolled down... "Dada, he is your father too... And he is craving to meet you...!!! I am feeling disgusted to tell you ... You are most selfish person I have ever seen..!!" she screamed crying... "Yes, dada, only you and bhabhi has some work, we all people here are jobless and have nothing else to worry about... Wish just sending money would always be enough..." she objected at any reasons she was thrown with... "Do you realize it's been 6 years... 6 hell years since you have met them... and virtually as well you have just been around once in a week...!!"... she paused... "But you know what dada!!! All the best, I can never imagine, if Kittu ever does that to you... When he grows up and leaves for good for his own self-centric reasons, you won't be able to survive... cuz... you have no daughters to take up your burden..!!! Nor would bhabhi be able to do anything... You might be all alone... But don't worry, he will be richer than you to send you money almost every week... but busier to not even meet you virtually..." She finished... cutting the call... and cursing herself for blurting out bitter prayers for his own brother... She leaned her head down on the steering as she let herself cry... and cry enough to break down... For few minutes, "No Kalpana... You have to be strong and up..!! for no one but your baba, now he will need you and has only you...!! His own hopes will be broken... Soon...!!!" Kalpana thought as she restarted her car... Giving pause to the time running out of her hand...

On the other hand... Raghav's meeting got delayed, from 3.00 to 3.30 and he was expecting Kalpana to be there already... With already delayed meeting and her not reaching there, made his pulse raise out of control as the range in him started building with delay in every minute, his mind as diverted with ring on phone, flashing the name Sapna... Sapna was assistant manager ... that is assistant to the person who was at highest post below him in his New York Branch...

Sapna: "Sir, I would like to take a leave... for three weeks...!" Came the request from other side...

Raghav: "And we had discussed this earlier too... That You are not granted any leave for any so called family problems!" went the reply with equal urgency...

Sapna: "Then I would like to quit the job, I have to leave for India day after tomorrow, as my father-in-law is unwell, and I cannot back off from my part at this point..!!!" came the stern reply shocking Raghav...

Raghav: (got up angrily from his seat...): "So if that is your final decision, what is the point for even calling, REMEMBER once you leave it you will never be welcomed back!!"