i care for you

After a long, Hard day of looking after Dhani, It was now time for me to finally relax.

"Night night, Dhani!" I yell once more as i make my way back down the stairs.

I sigh, and fall down onto the couch. How does that kid always have so much energy?

I mindlessly sift through the channels of the TV. I can feel my eyelids grow heavier with each passing second, and before i know it, i drift off into a deep, well deserved slumber.

———-

I open my eyes, confused,  as i momentarily have no recollection of where i was and how i got there.

"Mr. Harrison?" i mutter softly.

I smell the stinging scent of a cigar and hear some music softly being played.

"Ah, Lori my love, I'm so sorry for waking ya." He softly says, smiling at me.

Waking up to Mr. Harrison sitting next to me on the couch has become a regular occurrence. We both enjoy each other's company. I find it soothing knowing he kind of wakes over me when i'm sleeping.

I sit up straight and rub my eyes.

"I didn't know you'd be back already."

He takes a strong hiss from his cigar.

"Me either, love. Just had to get away from all the attention for a bit and relax. I missed my home."

George had gone to London for some important meeting with his fellow musician colleagues. He'd be gone for 4 days, but here he was again, not gone for even 2 full days.

"This is why i don't go to London. Can't go anywhere without people following me around. Agh." He sighs, rubbing the bridge of his nose in between two fingers. "and most of en are so disrespectful too!"

"Gosh, i can't even begin to imagine what that'd be like." I sympathize.

He looks into my eyes and smirks.
"Have a drink with me Lori, i'll tell ya all about it."

He jokingly rolls his eyes as he takes the bottle he had already drank from in his hands again.

"Oh Mr. Harrison, I shouldn't. I'm still on the job." I chuckle.

"Nonsense", he says, already pouring me a glass of his strongest gin. "I'm your boss and i say it's allowed."

I smile. "Well alright then."

————-

We talked about me for a while. About my future dreams. My parents and how i miss them. About music. And He told me about what he did in London and what, or rather who actually happened that ultimately made him leave....

"But what was she doing there then?" I ask.

"I don't know Lori. In think after the divorce Olivia just wanted to do all the things she never could while she was with me and dhani."

"You miss her, don't you?" i ask upon seeing the sad gaze in his eyes.

"I don't care that she left me. I care that she left Dhani. The boy's 6 and has been without a mother figure for over 2 years now. He won't be able to remember his mother when he's grown up. I will never be able to forgive Olivia for that."

I had never heard Mr. Harrison talk so openly about this. We've grown quite close and i know a lot about him, yet this had always been a tough topic to talk about.

I scoot closer to him and put my hand on his leg. Something i would normally never dare to do, but in my near drunk state didn't care about.

"I'm so sorry Mr. Harrison, honestly."