Phantom Manga (Prompt: Childhood)

It was now August 1989. Beside a river, a twelve year old blond-haired pale-skinned amber-eyed boy in suits was nodding while talking with his hand around the cellphone on his ear.

"Yes, Koichi my friend. I just arrived at Liverpool, England. It's my first time coming here. I'll tell you more about it later. See you."

And with that, he pressed a series of buttons on his phone and put it inside his pocket. From there, he could feel the breeze and see the leaves passing by as the grass rustled against his shoes.

"It has been a few months since grandmother has adopted me. I'm glad that she buried the way I murdered my so-called father with her money."

Smirking with pressure on his closed teeth, he bent his elbow while raising his clenching fist in front of his face. After some time, a faint male voice with increasing loudness can be heard.

"Dio! Your grandma Pendleton has been looking for you."

The source of that voice stopped in front of the blond and bent his knees as he panted with shutted eyelids while maintaining his smile. The source had ocean eyes and dark hair that complemented his tan skin. Folding his arms across his chests, Dio asked him with narrowed eyes and raised eyebrow.

"Hmm... And who might you be?"

"Jonathan, Jonathan Joestar. But my friends call me JoJo. I hope that we can get along well."

With his palm facing upwards, JoJo stretched his arm to him. He was also wearing a suit.

Dio received his hand with an ever increasing smirk.

"I hold the same sentiment as you, but let's not get hasty. Shall we?"

And just like that, they walked beside each other to a mansion. Upon the entrance, they were greeted by an old woman in dress and a middle-aged man in suits.

"Good morning, Jonathan Joestar."

"Good morning, Dio Brando."

"My name is George Joestar, and I'm a father of Jonathan. This dog beside her is Danny."

"Danny, don't go near my grandson Dio or else, he'll kick you."

While Danny was barking at the old lady in front of him, theblond bowed at them with a smile and stood up.

"Grandmother, that's harsh of you. Good morning, Mister Joestar."

With his eyes on Dio and then at the woman near his white dog with black spots, Jonathan also did the same and said,

"Good morning, Miss Pendleton."

"Alright. Let's go to the dining room and have a seat."

Mister Joestar bowed in front of them all and led them all to the dining room. On the table were plates of steak and mashed potatoes, and glasses of grape juice. The staff carried the chairs while stepping backwards and put them down. Then, they all sat and ate. Seeing that his son dropped some food and drink while the other boy didn't, Mister Joestar said,

"Dio is so refined. JoJo, mind your manners."

"Mister Joestar, they're still kids. Just let them be."

"Alright, Miss Pendleton."

The Joestar closed his eyes and sighed before eating again. When they were all done, he said,

"JoJo, please guide Dio around the house and outside. And, make friends with him."

"Of course, father."

"Miss Pendleton, let's talk about our business partnership, shall we?"

With that, Jonathan stood up while having the feet of his chair graze the floor and imperfectly imitated Dio's bow from earlier. When Dio followed suit, they took steps away from the dining room.