Distant Dreamer (Prompt: Vampirism)

Dio read the last volume of "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3 Jotaro Kujo: Heritage for the Future." On his desk were JoJo's written letters to him. When he was done, he checked the time displayed on JoJo's pocket watch. Then, he had a tighter fist around it than his previous clutches.

"I cannot imagine being necrophiliac over that damned brat. That DIO must be an impostor."

Being tired at that night, he slept with that pocket watch in his hand, he had a dream. Or rather, a nightmare...

As he heard the strange footsteps, the adult vampire DIO stopped writing on his notebook and put down his pen. There were some passages and secrets that only he knew of. Although he wanted to hurry to the top of the tower where his coffin was for his fight, he felt that there was something waiting for him in his bedroom. He stopped the time as many times as needed while rushing towards it.

When he was now inside, he saw that there was a light engulfing the mirror. He can see that he was wearing a green headband with heart at the center, a belt that was similar to his headband, black collar, yellow coat, black tanktop that practically failed to cover his muscular torso, yellow pants with black crotch emphasizing his bulge, golden earrings, three golden bracelets on each arms, golden pointy elf boots, and a red cape.

Smirking, he walked towards it and touched it. Then, what he was seeing upon touching it was someone who was very familiar to him, not his own reflection. Someone on the brink of death. With a silent gasp, he kept his notebook and pen in his pants and plunged towards the mirror without completely knowing why.

Somehow, he knew that he had to stop the time at this very moment and yanked off the living severed head away from everyone. Just as he was about to get near a certain man who had two holes on his neck and one hole on each hand, he removed his red cape and covered that man's whole body with it before carrying him, trying to avoid being hit by a sunlight energy called Hamon. That man was wearing a white shirt with red ribbon in between his collar and three straps on each shoulders, dark pants, and dark boots. Then, he ran to a nearby room before the time resumed.

In that room, he panted among the chaos caused by zombies chasing the screaming humans, splattering sounds, and burning. In his mind, he thanked himself for becoming a vampire a century ago. The man he held had his eyes and mouth wide open before smiling. After seeing the face of that man again after a suffocating long time, he realized why his heart was aching for him.

"Dio, is, that, you?"

"Yes, JoJo. It's me, Dio."

"How, come, you, have, your, own, body?"

"Well, I'm another version of Dio who was trying to severe your head a while ago."

"Where's, Erina?"

"Even without you, she's going to live! Believe me! I came from the future!"

"W-Why, are, you, here?"

"To apologize for everything I've done to you. And, I love you."

"I, love, you, too, friend."

"I love you like you love Erina, JoJo. Yes, I want to make love with you and live gorgeously with you forever!"

At the corner's of Dio's eyes, tears have flowed.

"Dio, my, feelings, for, you, transcend, bizarre, friendship, and, love."

As it kept on flowing freely, Dio held the back of Jonathan's head and lifted it up. He also leaned forward so that their lips met.

"JoJo, I'm going to reach heaven. And someday, I'll take you there with me."

"What, are, you, talking, about. I'm, dying..."

"So, do you want to become a vampire and live with me forever?"

"I..."

After his lips curled into a smile, Jonathan didn't move his opened eyes and the rest of his body for seconds or more.

"I'll revive you, JoJo. I just have to look for a Stone Mask."

He carried JoJo and returned to from where he came from, that room where Erina, her babies, and a severed head were. On the wooden floor was an eyeball surrounded by a glowing light. Its iris had "TURBO" written on it. Within his stopped time, he stepped on its light and picked it up then put it inside his pocket.

Upon being covered by the eyeball's light, he was returned to his mansion in Cairo, Egypt. Seeing that another similar eyeball was in front of the mirror and on the floor, he grabbed it also before gently laying down JoJo on the bed with a pillow beneath his head and put a blanket on his body. He paused the time again and kissed his forehead while carressing his hair.

From there, he went to his coffin and killed Nukesaku and the Stardust Crusaders with urgency, preventing his arrogance from overtaking him. He didn't bother to chase after his escaping servants.

Feeling that there was still something amiss, he thought that his research on getting to what he called heaven was incomplete. By a stroke of luck, he met a pink-clad man having long blond hair with curls at the end. That man was holding a flag of stars and stripes in one hand, and a Corpse part at the other. Since the pink-clad man named Funny saw that the eyeballs were with DIO, he began on talking about them and the other Corpse parts.

When DIO told him that the body attached to his own head was JoJo's, Funny told him that he shouldn't directly touch the other Jonathan's body without clothing in between since their bodies will destroy each other as soon as they got in contact. Well, he can still touch Jonathan's head.

As much as DIO wanted to preserve the dead JoJo by himself, he had to hire some people to prevent him from rotting before he found a Stone Mask. In the process, everything that JoJo wore were removed from his body. DIO had to tell them,

"If you try to do anything that disrespects my dear JoJo, then I'll do worse than sending you to police."

No one else except him had knowledge of what happened to those that violated that rule of his.

While he was collecting the rest of the Corpse over the years, he met and knew the existence of the people involved in the life of the Joestars, their allies, and other enemies in his world and the other worlds. Unfortunately, he never found a single Stone Mask for reviving his beloved Jonathan.

Without obstacles in his way, he called his white-haired and dark-skinned friend Pucci, who was now a priest, over the phone. Upon their meeting in Florida, he had him read his writings inside his notebook. Then, they enacted his steps to go to heaven according to what he wrote and said.

After having Pucci reset the universe at least once, there were lots of changes. For reasons unknown, those who will tell the stories of him, Jonathan, and others, including those from the other universes, started to exist. What DIO knew was that some of the Joestars' allies and enemies with memories that couldn't be erased by death or universal reset had been contacted by Speedwagon and his foundation. Thankfully, that DIO also gained the ability to change his reality.

Fifteen year old Dio from 1992 opened his eyelids and said,

"What was that dream about?"