Heaven on the Seashore (Prompts: Seaside, Devotion, Modern AU)

Jonathan and Dio had now reached adulthood. Dio chose Computer Science as his pre-law course so that he could still have a job even if Artificial Intelligence takes over the world before he does in the future. Plus, he heard and read about the computer people getting rich quickly.

Koichi, on the other hand, chose Engineering mainly to improve the navigation system for finding people, animals, and stuff. It was unknown to Dio whether Yukako chose Fine Arts, Psychology, or Philiosophy. All that he knew was that she wanted to find the true meaning of beauty.

"Why do I always have strange dreams relating to Jonathan and me, Dio, only to forget them?"

Dio sighed as he walked in a hall to his classroom. When he widened the gap between the door and its frame, someone stood up from a seat.

"Good morning, Dio! How are you? Why did you stop mailing me?"

"So you're here, JoJo."

"You see, upon hearing and reading about the new discoveries from the Windknight's Lot, plus those that were related to Stone Mask, Red Stone of Aja, and anything that caught my attention, I decided to pursue Archeology."

"Woah! The main characters of Phantom Blood are here!"

Almost all of the people inside turned to look at the two and began to say various words about them and the manga series.

He gave JoJo a fake smile before sitting beside him and stared outside the window.

At last, a teacher entered. And so, everyone stopped speaking before greeting the teacher and sat down. Different teachers got outside and inside the classroom before JoJo looked at his watch and said,

"I guess we'll be away from each other before lunchtime. See you!"

He smiled and waved at the blond as he went to a door and disappeared from his sight.

"What a nuisance."

It seemed that it was now time for their major subjects to begin. Their teachers informed them about the club applications and the clubs to choose from before they dismissed their classes.

Since lunchtime arrived, Dio walked to the club application booth. As his pale hand held a form, a tan hand touched his. He turned his head to that tan hand's owner beside him.

"So we meet again, Dio. Why aren't you talking to me?"

He pulled the form such that there was a tear and turned his back from the brunette.

"It's the drama club, isn't it? Fine, let's settle our scores in this university's drama club."

Dio smirked upon hearing that declaration and faced him.

"Fine, JoJo. I'll prove to you that you just got lucky, and I'm the one who deserve the award, once and for all."

"Alright! See you at the drama club!"

JoJo hugged him before running away while waving at him, causing Dio's cheeks to redden.

As he ate the homemade dango with the shape of an inflated blowfish, he wrote everything he needed to write on the form, including "Drama Club." After that, another lectures and class activities came. When he no longer had any class for the day, he strolled under the orange hues with a smile.

"It has been a long time since you smiled, Dio."

"Ah, I was just thinking about how to defeat JoJo, Koichi. Where is your girlfriend?"

"She's rather busy."

"But it's just first day today."

Soon, the first day of drama club arrived.

"You made the props already, Yukako."

"Of course, my dear Koichi."

Dio asked,

"Do you have a script already?"

"Let's not rush things, Dio. Let's do brainstorm and do our research first."

Jonathan said from behind him.

"And how do we do that?"

"Since your grandma already planned for our trip this weekend, we might as well explore and get some ideas. As much as I want to go to Windknight's Lot, she said that the newly discovered Paradis Island is much closer."

"So Grandmother went behind my back again."

He turned around and had his amber eyes on him with a fake smile.

Koichi went between them and said,

"I'm sorry for not making a script. I was waiting for my beloved Yukako to show her ideas based on the props made."

As a giant paper was spread and the cardboards were shown, the blond commented,

"I see. There'll be a sea and a ship in our play."

On the said weekend, Dio and his grandmother went to the recently discovered Paradis Island. Upon their cruise ship's arrival, he closed his last volume of "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Jōsuke Higashikata" and went down the stairs along with her. Suddenly, a man ran downwards and bumped onto him. That man landed on his ass and had his copy of the same manga escape from his hand.

"JoJo, be careful!"

"I'm so sorry, Dio!"

The man chuckled at him. Dio felt something in his pants as his cheeks gave a rosy color.

Next to Jonathan, Dio, and his grandmother were a group of high school students and others with various attires also went down by stairs from the cruise ship to the ruins of Paradis Island for the field trip. They showed a range of emotions from positive to negative as they walked around with their assigned tour guide whom they called Mr. Erwin Smith, Mr. Smith for short.

"They look very similar to the ancients of this island."

"It's just a coincidence."

"Let's put down our things in a hotel room before we start."

"Yes!"

They brought down their stuff in a hotel and strolled around while taking pictures. Along the way, JoJo collected some artifacts when no one but Dio was looking.

"Let me join in the fun."

"You got me."

With a smirk, the amber-eyed man exposed a chocolate bar from his pocket.

"What a thief!"

As the blue-eyed man chased him, his foot bumped onto a rock and he fell to the sand. Beside them, nothing battled against the roar of wind and waves.

"We're here, beside a sea."

"Yeah. I'm actually having a deja vu here."

"Same. I feel happy and,... sad."

JoJo extended his hand to him. Then, Dio clutched it as he stood while being pulled. They smiled in silence as their hearts rang and their eyes tried to search for each other's souls.