Fireflies In The Dark

Jisoo x Reader + OT4

(I'm never going to finish this story so I thought I'd just leave it here. If you've played the video game, or seen the show, The Last Of Us, then you'll know what this is.)

Prologue 1

Only one thing was on Jisoo's mind as she trudged up the stairs to her shared dorm room, to convince her brother of being ridiculous. The sound of Jisoo's boots making contact with the marble steps sent echoes bouncing off the walls and was only interrupted by her firm voice speaking into a phone.

"Oppa, please try to understand. He is my boss, okay? My boss. That means I can't just do whatever the hell I want — no! Are you even listening to me?" Jisoo pushed on a large door that led into a brightly lit hallway. She walked past the doors spread evenly wide apart until reaching a door marked with the number, 515. While holding the phone between her ear and shoulder, Jisoo pulled out the lanyard on her neck and unlocked the door with a key attached at the end. She pushed to open the door while continuing her argument on the phone. "Look, graduation or not, I cannot change my schedule. I'm off next Sunday and that's when I'll be coming to visit. I'm sorry but that's just how it is... Jin-ah? Hey Kim Seokjin! Are you there?' Jisoo brought the phone back to check the screen, only to discover that... 'he just fucking hung up on me."

Jisoo sighed as she turned off her phone and placed it in the front pocket of her jeans. The sound of a person yawning on the other side of the room made her glance up. "Oh, Jennie-ah, did I wake you?" Jisoo asked Jennie as the younger girl stretched and rubbed her feline-like eyes. Jennie smiled and stood to greet the latter.

"You did, but it's alright. I fell asleep on the couch when I need to be sleeping in bed."

Jisoo grinned as she paced forward. Her eyes trailed over Jennie's outfit which included grey sweatpants and a dark band-tee. The name, 'The Strokes,' was written in bold letters across her front. Jisoo sighed into Jennie's touch as they embraced, inhaling the fresh scent of Jennie's shampoo from her long raven hair, and soon the memories of Jisoo's previous worries ceased to exist. She hummed as Jennie rubbed circles on her back and spoke into her shoulder. "Tough day, huh?"

"I've had worse. All I want to do now is fall asleep in bed." A moment passed before Jennie replied.

"Babe, don't you think you're forgetting something?" Jisoo's eyes opened and darted from side to side.

"Umm... no?" She said. Jennie pulled back to look Jisoo in the eyes.

"Hello? It's your birthday, unnie! A girl turns 18 only once in her lifetime!" Jennie hopped a few times on her feet. Jisoo rolled her eyes before crossing her arms.

"It's still not my birthday yet, it's tomorrow— and since when did you start calling me unnie again? That's too formal."

Jennie pointed to their clock on the wall. "It is tomorrow,' she said, 'it's just past midnight!"

"Oh... would you look at that," Jisoo remarked as she checked the hands on the clock. A soundless gasp elicited from her, however, as Jennie's arms wrapped at Jisoo's neck and she's attacked with kisses all over.

"Happy...' a kiss on Jisoo's right cheek, 'Birth...' a kiss on the left cheek, 'day...' another on the forehead, 'to...' one more on the tip of her nose, 'you!" Jisoo giggled as Jennie's lips finally met hers, it then became deepened by each other's passion. They moved back and forth in their kiss while holding each other flushed tight. After a couple of seconds, Jennie broke the kiss with warm cheeks and spoke quietly. "Happy birthday baby. I love you." Jisoo's eyes trailed on the floor under her intense gaze.