Catch Me Now

If I were to lose passion in what I love to do most, that would be my first death.

(If I were to reignite the passion doing what I love to do most, that would be my first breath.)

If I were to lose the person I love the most, that would be my second death.

(If I were to save the person I love the most, that would be my second breath.)

If I were to lose my conscience of what is morally right and wrong in this world, that would be my third death.

(If I were to choose what my conscience believes is morally right and wrong in this world, that would be my third breath.)

And if I were to take my last breath, that would be my fourth and final death.

(And if I were to take my last breath, that would be my fourth and final breath.)

All in that order.

They say that death is as essential as life. Like the concepts of yin and yang, darkness and light, one cannot exist without the other. There needs to be a balance for peaceful co-existence in our universe. By scientific language, this can be compared to the phenomenon known as osmosis. For fans of playful words, I can say that whatever goes up must come back down. Using this logic then, I would need to embrace each of my deaths to experience life.

As for my first death, I felt its icy touch starting from when I was a young child.

***