The Switch-Up

I had this cute idea with Hank!

- Y/N and Rosie are next-door neighbours
- One day, through random events involving lightning where Y/N finds Rosie's dog Hank out in a storm, Y/N finds her world turned upside down, literally.
- "There you are Hankie!" Rosie runs to pick up Hank or Y/N and carries her back inside her house.
- Y/N realizes she has switched lives with a dog. She's a puppy with a human's brain trying to configure the world. It's not easy when she's all of a sudden living with her crush now.
- Y/N goes through many mishaps, and throughout it all, she finds herself falling deeply in love with Rosie because of how touchy and lovey she is. She has to remind herself that it's not her Rosie is talking to, it's Hank.
- The real Y/N's body is missing. Her parents are frantically worried about their missing kid. Y/N tries to get inside her house and let them somehow know that she's still alive, but Rosie grabs her and pulls her back in her own home.
- Y/N gets sad and cries, even as a puppy, and Rosie cuddles her.
- There's many hilarious mishaps Y/N goes through with Rosie. Whether it's Rosie changing clothes right in front of Y/N, going out on walks, meeting another aggressive dog, having to enjoy her dog food *blagh* ("okay... this tastes good for some reason?"), or a constant itch at the back of her ear, Y/N goes through it all and then some.
- The real Y/N has been gone for awhile now and Rosie is sad. She sits in the backyard with Hankie and talks to him.
"I miss her. I hope the police find her soon... I know we didn't talk much, but I really would have loved to. Honestly, I had a little crush on her. She can be quite intimidating, but maybe that's because I find her so pretty."
- Y/N is so surprised to hear this that she lifts her head and looks Rosie straight in the eyes, her tail wags consistently.
- "Surprised to hear that huh? You know, this probably sounds crazy but sometimes I feel like you can understand me Hank... and okay, yeah maybe it's not a little crush. It's a HUGE one. But I know my secret's safe with you. You won't tell anyone right?"
- Y/N rubs her head against Rosie's hand and she giggles, then picks up Y/N. "You promise? Do you promise?" She brings on her baby voice and then cuddles Y/N close when she barks "yes!"

- The day after that, things go awry when a boy shows up to the house. Y/N gets angry when she sees them being so close. "Who the heck is this guy?!"
And when they're having dinner, Y/N keeps trying to get Rosie's attention by being a bad dog. Rosie never yells at Hank, but this time she's been pushed far enough over the edge to get angry and scold the pup. She locks her in a small room and keeps her there for a time out. Y/N whines for awhile, she's sad but then realizes she was just being foolish. How could she ever explain to Rosie that she was trapped within her dog's body and was in love with her? Say if, by some miracle, things go back to normal... how the hell would she explain everything to Rosie?
- Y/N would be lucky if she didn't immediately get sent to a mental asylum. She's terrified because of how much her thoughts and mannerisms have been changing... "am I turning into a complete dog?" She thinks to herself. Her memories are leaving and attention-span is changing, she's thinking about eating or chasing the squirrel outside, and maybe Y/N would have thought that staying with Rosie forever could be great... no responsibility whatsoever, being taken care of and living life freely... but that's where she realizes she's wrong. Y/N won't live life freely, because she's literally losing herself in the process. Her own family is losing hope of ever finding their daughter.
- Rosie comes back to cuddle with Y/N and explains that she's "been a bad boy today. What's gotten into you, huh? Hankie, sometimes I wonder if you're even you. You've been acting different ever since that day in the storm." Rosie pauses for a second to eye Y/N. She stares for awhile until Y/N becomes uncomfortable, then finally shakes her head. "No... I must be crazy." Rosie says to herself. She lays back down and caresses Y/N.
- Y/N feels like screaming "IT'S NOT HANK — ITS ME! IM STUCK IN YOUR DOG'S BODY!" But she knows it'll all just come out as barks. She's tried countless times in the past... and nothing. Rosie has never looked outside of the ordinary for fear of going crazy.