Chapter 3: A Busy Day at the Stand(Serena)

"COME ONE COME ALL PLAY BIG WIN BIG!!!" I yell out hoping to attract some attention as people pass by left and right, damn business has been slow today, I mean I thought more tourists would be interested but NOPE! Apparently not! Ugh!!!!

"What troubles you, Miss." OH SHIT Customer!

"AH! Nothing, just lack of customers, I guess that's remedied!" I chirp, We go through this whole schtick,the old man of course getting it wrong and earning some lien in the process. Until he places another bill into the machine.

"You are as talented as advertised" the man speaks, a small smile on his face.

"I try to be."

"Well." the man smiled "It is quite intriguing that this place is the only one that uses cards..."
"Your point?"...

"Well, recently, there was an... incident at the docks involving the captured Roman Torchwick" the docks? What abo-

Oh... oh no...

"-a card found there, unfortunately, there were no fingerprints..."

"I was wondering if that was you?"

"Sir,"I respond "With all due respect, I was asleep in my home, on the other side of the city. And cards can be thrown by anyone." I state.

"I apologize for assuming, as the only magic-"

"It's alright sir." I smile, "Now then... What card is the ace of diamonds?"

We continue making small talk. He continues to burn money.

"Hello Headmaster!" SHIT! Is that?!

"Ah, hello girls." wait, headmaster? This geezer is a headmaster!

"I was just finishing up a small conversation with this young wome-"

"I'm not that young!"I yelp causing a laughter to rise out of the old man
"Well, I must get going, " The Silver-haired Headmaster speaks. Before leaving into the crowd.

I look to the group of 4...

"Hi! I'm Ruby!" ah shit...

"Ah, I remember you!" Stay cool, stay cool "You were the one who kept going and spent 750 Lien!" her face turns pink as the rest of the girls turn towards her.

"Not that I was complaining!" I remark, sending a wink their way.

"AAAAnyways." the Black-Haired girl remarks "I think our fearless lead-" Wait, LEADER this Pint-sized gal is their leader?!

"Hello? Anyone home?" Shit!!!

"Sorry, just a... little distracted" I stammer out

"It's okay." Little re- Ruby! That's her name!

"Anyways can you teach me how to do those neat tricks?" she asks.

Ah fuck, i can't deny that...

"Alright... we'll have to start later though, I'm running a stand here."

"Great!" before I knew it, something was slotted into the cash bin.
"There's my scroll number, Talk to you later!" the girl says, before taking off in a barrage of Rose petals

"RUBY, GET BACK HERE" the bombshell Yells taking off after her, and the others quickly join in the chase.

*Sigh* well let's hope nothing crazy happens

The vibration from my scroll makes me open it

"Would friend like snacks?"

"Why do you ask? Did you steal something high value?"