Chapter 4: Progress(Yang)

I stare at my younger sister staring at the front of the class, while a pen goes around and around in her hands. Ruby never picked up a fascination for something like this. And for it to happen all of a sudden... something's off...
______________________________________________________________

"Yeah, I've noticed it too." Blake replies as we walk into Professor Goodwitch's classroom

"What's wrong with picking up a new hobby?" Weiss asks as we sit down while Ruby makes her way in with team JNPR, chatting and laughing. I pull out my scroll and send a message to the others.
"This is a different kind of thing! Like hand-to-hand! Or Metalsmithing! It's just weird for her to pick that up."

"Well, she's picked it up, nothing we can do." I grit my teeth

"Would Miss Rose and Miss Xiao-Long please make their way to the prep rooms and standby for battle?" Allright! Sorry sis, You're in my territory now!
_________________________(3rd Person)___________________________

The sisters stand across from each other.

"Sorry Sis" Yang Mutters

"Begin!"

Yang blasts forward ready to box the absolute daylights out of her sister.

Only to be sent flying by the butt of Crescent Rose.

Yang flips through the air, recovering and sending a barrage of shots at Ruby, only for each shot to be effectively blocked by an odd sight.

Ruby had blocked them with one spin...

A one handed spin.

As the audience stares Ruby dives towards Yang with a barrage of One and Two handed swings, one Right-Left, behind-the-back, fire...

It was an onslaught that Yang barely could weather. Each shot and slash was another chunk of Aura lost.

And finally...
Something snapped.

Yang screamed as Ruby flew away as a tempest of wind envelops the battlefield.

The Sisters stand across from another again, A Yellow fire enveloping Yang's hair, while Crescent Rose is stuck into the ground, a Deep gash for 2 feet in front of it.

"COME AT ME" Ruby roars as she pulls Crescent Rose from the ground. As Yang blasts towards her, Ruby lowers her body, sliding her left leg forwards as she grabs Crescent Rose in a counterclockwise stance.

3 seconds until impact...

Yang cocks her right arm back ready to pummel her sister.

Ruby stands staring... watching... waiting.

2 seconds until impact...

Ruby stares at her sister, observing everything in her line of sight... Her sister, the crowd, including a... familiar girl standing in a non-Beacon uniform...
Her punch's trajectory is too easy, Yang's too headstrong... all I need is a moment.

1 second until impact...

...

0 sec-

As the punch goes in for the hit something happens. Too fast for anyone not battle hardened to see...

Yang watches as Crescent Rose's Spike slowly maneuvers itself, catching Ember Celica and lifting it up

*Tick*

And the next thing Yang knows, she and Ruby have been sent into the air
*KATHHHHHHUNK*

And Yang is sent against the shield. Dead silence falls on the crowd, at least until Goodwitch calls out "Miss Xiao-Long is under the required amount of aura, Ruby Rose wins!"

And once that is announced the crowd announces in murmurs as Ruby quickly reaches her sister and slowly moves her out of the arena.

__________________________(Weiss POV)_________________________

It's been a day since Yang's defeat at the hand of Ruby and It really was eye-opening to the level of improvement...

I take my scroll out...

"That was too sound, we should check out what increased her abilities that much." I message... after all we could definitely use whatever she's done

"Agreed, I think it might be whatever's got her so entranced on her scroll." Blake messages.

The scroll, eh? Let's swipe the scroll then!

______________________________________________________________

We're sitting in our room after a calm day with Ruby sitting in her bed watching whatever on her scroll... let's grab it... slowly...

I grab the scroll and yank it away, inciting a yelp from my leader as I quickly bolt away, hiding behind a glyph.

"Weiss!"

_________________________(Ruby POV)___________________________

I rush toward Weiss when a Black ribbon restrains me!

"Let me Go!" I yelp struggling against the ribbons. I was halfway through the lesson! We were getting to the part about corrections in technique!

"-calm down, we just want to see what yo-"

"No!" They can't!

"Ruby." Yang's voice cuts through my thoughts "We just want to know what's... changed..." I... I mean fair enough...

I feel my bonds loosen as Weiss removes her shield as my team gathers around my scroll, forgetting that I was tied up... NOW!

I bust out of my bonds and Snatch back my scroll, booking it!

OOF I stagger back as I bump into something.

"Sorry!" I yelp as I continue My Semblance-fueled escape!

_________________________(Serena POV)__________________________

I continue slowly scrolling through the list of deceased huntsmen come on...

*PING* Who's texting me at this time?

I open my Scroll to see That Blue had sent a video hm...

Fuck it! Let's watch it...

*WhEEEEwww* I whistle, that little gemstone is quite good...

Is it hot in here, or is it me?

Anyways... back through the fi-Ah-Ha!

"Hel-lo..."

A/N: And another chapter down! Man this one was rough. Describing Ruby's fighting style is rough to do and I just couldn't, which frustrates me because I have written a few other characters with similar fighting styles... so this is what we're stuck with. I swear next time we show Ruby fighting I'll do her justice!!!! I swear on my Lego collection!!

And Serena's found something out! 

Fun Fact: Serena has access to almost any records, public and private and spends a lot of her spare time compiling the data and strenthening private databases she consideres worthy(Including the CC Towers and Beacon's database).