Two

He grinned down at me. His arm was curled around my waist as he tugged me with him to the bookstore. 

      My stomach lurched. All sets of eyes turned to us. They must want me to push away from him. He is so handsome and I am no one. I didn't have many friends. But only Teresa. She would settle in Switzerland with her husband after the wedding and I would be alone in Canada. She is my only family. My parents died when I was nineteen. Teresa came to study in Canada and was staying with me. 

       Rio paid the bill. I noticed walking myself out of the bookstore when the bell chimed, pulling me out of my thoughts. 

      "We're going to my place. Are you okay with it, Sugar?" He asked huskily. 

      My face was on fire. He always used Dear for me, not Sugar. It did something to my stomach. 

      "Yes," I nodded, lowering my chin, and hiding my flushed cheeks from him. My head scolded me for going so easy. I should shout at him for the lies to me, hiding his relationship. What was I doing? 

           I'm an idiot! 

      He flashed a soft grin, No doubt, he could see my flushed face. His gaze skimmed over me, taking a long step back from me, but his hand remained on my back when I looked up at him under my lashes. I felt aware of my body.

      His hand came to my lower back and he nudged me forward with a wink. My stomach flipped. I was going to die of a heart attack. 

       "So, you can start now, Sugar." He said, pulling me to his side. 

       He made it clear from the first day... when he requested me and I accepted after seeing his beautiful but bizarre message. He called my skin beautiful. It made me laugh harder. He made clear that he wanted to be in a relationship with me. He wanted my loyalty. I was loyal to him. I had just hidden my past. That was all. I hadn't talked to another man but him. He wanted us to get married if we were perfect for each other. He could be perfect for anyone. But he would hate me when he knew the truth that there was someone in my past. I loved him more than anything in this universe. But I got only betrayal. I didn't want Rio to hurt me. He seemed decent from the day I allowed him to be a part of my account. 

      Stop this! Stop. It. Right. Now. Don't forget, his girlfriend messaged you. You can't break a couple. 

      My gaze was confused over him, "Start! What?" 

      He leaned in. His nose brushed the side of my head. I held my breath, "The messages I received this morning." I sent them before his girlfriend happened. 

      ''I sent them two weeks ago," I shot back, lifting my gaze to him. 

     "I know, Sugar. You know there is a signal problem on the ship. I would have come to the airport. You know... I missed you," He said, looking into my eyes. I could see the truth. 

      "I missed you, too." It slipped before I could hold myself back.

        I'm going to be in big trouble. 

      His hand came to my lower back and he nudged me toward him. My back pressed against a wall. That wasn't my concern. But emotions are swirling in his eyes. 

      He brushed his lips over mine. My stomach clenched. He ran his tongue along the seam of my lips. I gasped, not believing it would feel so good. It gave him my opening and he plunged his tongue into the warmth of my mouth. I responded by kissing him back with my whole heart. 

       I sucked in a deep breath after a passionate kiss. I avoided looking in his eyes. 

       What am I doing? My heart is controlling my body. Particularly, my tongue. 

      We ambled toward a blue car. He took out the key and unlocked the car. 

       I was flowing with the flow. He opened the door and I hopped in. I dreamed of this day. Getting in the passenger seat of a worthy person. But this was my dream when I was a virgin. Things have changed years ago. 

       He rounded the car and got behind the wheel. I closed my eyes. It felt like a beautiful dream. 

       We can only be friends. No, It can't be when I feel for him. "Where are you taking me?" I asked, bracing myself, pushing my lovey-dovey thoughts away. 

     ' He has a girlfriend.' I strictly told myself. 

      "Hey," His hand came over mine. He squeezed it softly. My stomach did that again. A smile began to tug at my lips. My heart took over. I wasn't going to hear anything. He would be back to his work and I would be back to my normal, boring life. It wouldn't be nice to be with a man who was already in a  relationship. " You trust me, right?" He asked. 

      Tears pooled in my eyes. "When did you come?" I asked, not wanting to break his heart. These feelings, he is the one hurting me with his lies and I am worried about him. I'm a stupid one. 

      I closed my eyes against his touch on my cheek. Tears fell down on the back of my hands. He slithered them through my hair, pushing the curtain of my hair away from my face. 

      "You're crying." Worry creased his brows. 

      My lips flattened. "Just missing my parents." I lied. He didn't know I was going to stay here. 

      "It's okay if you don't wanna tell." He tucked my hair behind my ear. "Just don't cry. It hurts." His words caught me off guard.

     My head snapped at him. How could he say it when he was dating someone? His hand firmly wrapped around my hand. 

     His hand was warm against my skin. My head was repeating his words tha

t his feelings were genuine.