Six

I'm grateful that Teresa stayed by my side during our flight. I wasn't crying but tears were running down against my will. My head was chiding me but my heart was crying for him. Teresa's in-laws were rich and kind people. The wedding was taking place in their gorgeous villa. It was in the backyard garden. The view was mesmerizing from the window of my room, it was decorated with lights, lamps, and umbrellas. The wedding designer deserved a big applause. The night was giving it a dreamy look. The guests were piling in. 

      I couldn't erase him from my thoughts. It made tears well in my eyes again. Jasmine Teresa's mother-in-law, I met her during our flight, and her father-in-law, Carlos, they're very good people. Teresa is very lucky. I'm happy for her. For her sake, I'm going to keep my broken feelings aside. 

       A soft knock came from the door. I turned on my heels. Teresa popped her head from behind the door. "Thank God! You're not crying." She smiled, opening it widely, and she paced in. She was looking so beautiful in her bridal makeup, her hair was down and braided beautifully. She was wrapped in a bathrobe. 

      "Are you kidding me?" I shook my head, sauntering forward. "You're looking amazing but don't tell me you're going to wed like this. " I gesture with my finger at her. 

       She rolled her eyes. "There's a little change. Your dress." Her tone was full of merriment. 

      I snorted at the information. I opened my mouth but she cut me off. 

      "I'm not going down there without you." She beckoned at the window with her thumb. 

      "I'll be there. It wouldn't take me long to change into the dress you picked for your bridesmaid." I told her. She kept tugging me. 

       "Hello, ladies. Here, she is." She withdrew her hand and drifted to the other corner of the giant room. There were four women. I glanced at them with confusion. 

      "Your wedding dress, ma'am." Two already hurried at her, grasping her wedding dress. 

      "Thank you. Please get her ready." She told the woman who was already forwarding her steps to grab my arm. 

      She pulled me down on the chair and started it. I kept staring at the mirror in wonder. She was brilliant in her job. But I don't need this. 

      After an hour. "Wao!" I heard from behind me. 

     I lifted my gaze from my reflection to her. She was a gorgeous bride in her white mermaid dress. 

      "Wao, you're looking like one of the queens in the fantasy world." A full smile crawled on my lips. 

      She giggled. "Look at you. I could say the same for you." 

      My gaze turned to my reflection again. I was wearing a soft pink dress with layers plus an empire gown. It was off-shoulder, laying beautifully on my body. "Yes, I can't believe it either." My hair was twisted in a knot at the side of my nape and loose strands were framing my face. " I love such things that never go out of fashion. Thank you." I told all the women. 

       "Girls! Are you ready?" Maria, Teresa's mother asked, opening the door. Her happiness could be seen from afar. She lives in Las Vegas with her second husband and she is running a restaurant. She is an excellent cook, the head chef of her restaurant. Teresa isn't close to her step father. So it is her mother who is going to wake her down the aisle. 

       "You're looking cute, Maria." I couldn't hold back. She was one of those people who were good from the outside and inside. 

      "Thank you, sweetie." She caressed my cheek, holding love in her eyes.