Three

I couldn't be happier than today. I got home this morning after I received a call from my brother that he was going to marry. I hadn't informed my family yet. I was going to call my father but I saw the bookstore and couldn't hold myself from purchasing books for her. 

      I grasped her hand and brought it up to my lips. Her fingers tightened around my hand. I couldn't wait for the day she would be my bride. I have a strong feeling that she is upset. I wanted to give her some time. She looked nervous. I could feel the effect of my slight touch. 

      "I won't do anything," I told her, glancing at her through the corners of my eyes. 

     Her cheeks flushed pink. She lowered her eyes. I could feel a change in her behavior. During the video call, she was always smiling and talking. Now she was quiet. I hoped it would be her nervousness from our first meeting. I didn't wanna lose her. I was in a bad relationship three years ago with Janette, I was trying to rein in my anger. Suddenly, she wanted me back into her life. I didn't want her shadow to fall upon us. 

      "You didn't tell me, you're signing off." She muttered. 

      "It was sudden. Andrew is getting married." I told her. 

      "Oh, congrats." She smiled at me. 

      "Thanks. I've invited them home." I squeezed her hand. 

      "Dinner?" She asked, looking at me. 

      She looked so innocent, beautiful. "Yes, I was planning to order from the restaurant. But I'm going to cook now." I told her. 

      "Ok," She didn't look enthusiastic, she was trying to crack her knuckles and failed in it completely. 

     "Something is bothering you?" I asked her. 

     She shook her head. "This place is new. That's all."

     I can merely hope She's giving me a valid reason. I couldn't imagine losing her. I couldn't relax in my seat. I did not want her to hide anything. Perhaps, I should give her some more time to open up with me. She's seeing me for the first time. 

      "My giant body isn't scaring you?" I asked her with a smile. Scaring her wasn't my intention at all. I would do anything to get the same Shelly I used to talk daily. 

     "No, you're perfect. Your girlfriend must be very beautiful." She flashed her fake smile. 

      My brows crushed together in confusion. Her look was saying she wasn't kidding. Where did this come from? 

     "Yea, you're beautiful." I tried to lighten the tension in the air. I kept my both hands on the steering wheel to keep myself from not frightening her more. I swear I haven't seen girls scared of me. I slanted my eyes at her. There was no smile. Something was definitely wrong. "Is everything alright?" I asked her, softly. 

      "Yes," She nodded. 

      "I want you to stay at my place. I want you to meet my family." I told her. I want to let her know that she is important to me. I'm serious about her. 

      "I... I..." She stuttered, giving me her wide-eyed look. 

      I frowned. My grip fastened. I didn't want to scare her more. I was losing my patience. Why is she acting weird? I am going to show her what she is to me. She's innocent and I love her. 

      "What should we cook?" I asked her, trying to avert her attention somewhere else. 

      "Something favorite of them."  Her eyes were darting out of the windshield. 

      "I don't know. You know my job. But pasta fagioli al forno is our favorite, lasagna." I smiled, wishing to see one on her face too. Distraction worked. She looked relaxed. 

      "Yes. And salad. Everyone likes it. Um, Risotto." She spoke the last word with an Italian accent. I wanted to kiss her soft lips. That would be a bad idea for now. 

      "Then, it's clear. You're cooking Risotto and Salad and I'll cook pasta and Lasagna." I told her.

      "Yes, you know cooking." She smiled. 

      "I'm glad you remember." I pulled over my latest SUV in the parking lot. I got off the car and strutted around. I opened the door for her.

      I didn't offer my hand. She was already nervous. She stepped out of the car, watching our surroundings. Her eyes rested on the two storeys glass house, it was surrounded by a lush green garden. This house was everything I wanted, full of luxury after my heartbreak. 

      I curled my fingers around her wrist, tugging her to the house. The fallout would be terrible if she decided to walk out of my life. It was unavoidable that she was hesitating, but she didn't utter her refusal to go with me. 

        I unlocked the door and opened it for her. "After you, Sugar," I whispered. 

        Blinking, her eyes never stopped moving around. Her slightly parted lips and big eyes explain that she likes our house. We would stay here after our wedding. "It's more beautiful from the inside." She said. 

       "Thank you," I pressed my lips on her head. ''Would you like to have a tour?'' I can't hide my soft smile. 

      She shook her head. " Later. You've invited your brother and his fiancee to dinner." A soft smile flashed on her face. 

      "Sí, mi amor." I cupped her face. "Los he invitado." I grabbed her wrist, tugging her toward the kitchen. Though I wanted to kiss her. 

      Her expression turned full of confusion. She didn't know the language. "If you remember..." She trailed biting on the corner of her lip. 

      "You don't know how to cook," I remembered every single thing about her. Entering the kitchen, I grabbed the apron. "Let's start, teammate." I winked at her. 

      She blush

ed and lowered her head immediately.