[2]

Hinata let her mother brush her hair while she gently hummed a lullaby.

It was not for her, but for her baby sister Hanabi who was quietly sleeping in Hinata's own bed. Hanabi was 9 months. She was a very nosy mischievous child, although clingy to her mother and sister. So her mother had to bring her everywhere otherwise Hanabi would throw a tantrum.

Then again Hanabi would throw a tantrum either way even when nothing was wrong. It was almost like she took pleasure in being a menace. However, even though Hinata acknowledged that her baby sister was indeed a menace, it didn't change that she was a cute menace.

It was even better that Hanabi responded so well to Hinata and was very clingy towards her. Therefore she never made things difficult for the young Hyūga which made her cuter in Hinata's eyes. So Hinata didn't mind taking care of Hanabi, she wasn't fussy with Hinata so the five year old wouldn't mind taking her away from the maid's hands.

"What's on your mind?" Hitomi asked gently as she continued to brush Hinata's neck long hair, which seemed to be shining.

This was usually the job of the servants, but Hitomi had always done it, although she had to stop when she gave birth to Hanabi. Though, a few months ago Hitomi resumed brushing her daughter's hair even though she still experienced few moments of pain. Everyone guessed it was because of Hinata's small breakdown that day, but only she knew why she beared with the pain just to brush her daughter's hair.

"Nothing Kaa-sama" Hinata responded with a delicate smile as she closed her eyes and enjoyed the moment. She didn't notice how Hitomi's gentle expression changed to a very melancholic one as she recalled the aftermath of the incident a few months ago. Her eyes were grave and she seized her movements on Hinata's hair making Hinata question her.

"Kaa-sama?" Hinata asked softly as her bright eyes faced her with such innocence, Hitomi was tempted to quell her suspicions and chalk it to paranoia. But unfortunately she couldn't, she had seen first hand how Hinata had responded, how Hinata had faced her father, looked him in the eyes and lied.

What made it worse was the fact that she hadn't blinked. She hadn't faltered, she had just been her regular self when she lied straight to not just her husband, but to her uncle and her, her own mother.

Although perfect in her deception, the three adults were no fools. They could clearly see that Hinata had lied straight to their faces. She was only a child after all, and they all knew her since she was a child so they could see right through her. However, they couldn't say anything about it, because Hinata just smiled at them with her innocent smile and swiftly told them not to worry.

That innocent smile and those eyes, no trace of guilt or fault, exactly like the moment she lied to them. It was almost like, like she was possessed.

Hitomi shivered at her own choice of words, not knowing why she had chosen those words per say. But no matter what, she couldn't change the words to something else, saying she was possessed sounded more plausible to Hitomi. Because she was sure that the girl in that moment was not her daughter. Her daughter was a gentle and sweet girl. Even though she would lie which was a strong would, it would show because she wasn't experienced in lying. It would show with guilt or shame on her face because that was just the sort of child Hinata was.

So the only logical explanation was that something had taken possession of her in that moment. It may seem far fetched and Hitomi knew that no one would believe her, not even her husband because he hadn't carried Hinata in her stomach. He didn't know Hinata the way she did, and he didn't have her mother intuition, which was always right no matter how delusional something would sound, anything was possible.

Hitomi knew with those facts alone she was right, beside this was a world unknown. Anything could happen and her daughter revealing a third eye gave her more strength that she wasn't being delusional nor paranoid. Even so, she couldn't do anything because the daughter infront of her was still her daughter and right now, it was really her.

Descendant On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara