[3]

The buildings were all different sizes, some were small, some were big, others were extremely tall and terrifying, like the one almost on the far distance behind the hokage tower. Which she could see not because she had activated her byakugan, but because of the natural ability to see a bit farther than most because of being born as a Hyūga.

Her lilac eyes swept over with childish curiosity at everything around her. She was unable to keep the excitement bubbling in her heart but she managed to only show a pleased smile on face. Although if one could look in her eyes, they would see the clear gleam of happiness that she was trying hard to hide, to keep the image of the Hyūga clan. Although it was very hard, It was the first time Hinata was out in the open and seeing Konohagakure so she was bound to be excited.

Hinata was very happy and excited at everything she both saw and heard. It was all completely different from the large Hyūga compound which was plain and always quiet in comparison to the village which was bright and bustling. There was so much noise from those in restaurants, children playing around and running about and shinobi appearing and disappearing on the roofs and edges of the village.

It was all different from everything the young heiress was used to and it was quite amazing because she knew nothing. It made the experience more wonderful as she tugged impulsively on her mother's clothing, a rare occurrence for the usual obedient and quiet heiress, but Hinata couldn't help it as she looked at a swing in the distance, her eyes widened, full of curiosity, making Hitomi break into a soft smile.

Hitomi encouraged Hinata to go, who didn't think twice and went to the swing as she sat on it. She pushed her legs back and forth and giggled in happiness while Hitomi only watched with a smile on her face.

It would be nice if Hinata had a bit of a childhood, Hitomi knew more than anyone that it would be taken away as a member of the Hyūga family even more so as the heiress of the Hyūga clan.

Hinata completely unaware of her mother's thoughts swung back and forth, giggling and laughing with a completely blissful expression on her face. As the four year old knew very well that this would always be rare occurrences for someone like her, born into a prestigious clan as the Hyūga clan, so Hinata relished on this temporary moments of absolute freedom.

She slowed down with those thoughts and looked at the bright blue sky with a peaceful smile on her face. She held her small hand to the sky and looked at it, she liked the sky, she liked the clouds, she wanted to touch them, they were so peaceful, always floating, seeming so f-

The young Hyūga's train of thoughts were disturbed as she heard a small shuffle. She looked to the side where the sound was coming from and her body instinctively became tense.

She waited for a moment and then the cause of the shuffle appeared making her sigh softly in relief. The four year old Hyūga observed the boy who had vibrant blonde hair, tan skin, and quite beautiful sparkly blue eyes that were so,

-lonely

That was the same word that her mother used to describe what her uncle felt when her aunt suddenly disappeared/died and Hinata caught him gazing at a training ground seemingly there but not there. Her mother had said disappeared but her father had told her the simple truth in that. Her aunt had died and Hinata knew that meant she was gone and never coming back, it was what she understood but even so, she didn't understand how and why death was death because of her mother's intense protection, which of course her father was slowly unravelling.

Mainly because he couldn't have a daughter who would become an heiress but be unaware of the cruelty and the basic cycle of life which was birth to death. In his eyes she was old enough to know this and as clan heiress of the Hyūga clan she should always be ahead of others.