♡ Chapter 8 ♡

~ First Person POV ~
_______________________

Blood slowly dripped from my fingers. Everybody stood there, wide-eyed. Including me. I stared at my blood filled hand. Questioning myself, "I.. did that?.."

Guilt and confusion stirred inside me. I looked up, only to see my best friend .. one of the few people to actually accept me and care for me, laying there, in the arms of his mother, injured.

Across his face was a huge claw mark that was bleeding immensely. And all this happend...

Because of me.

All of a sudden, everybody's eyes weren't on him anymore. Instead, they were on me.

I looked around, noticing a look in everyone's eyes. Was it anger?.. Disgust?.. Fear?... I don't know but.. they all had one thing in common in their gaze..

It made me feel alone.

"You... You!.. YOU MONSTER!.. how... HOW DARE YOU HURT MY SON?!?!?!"

Monster?..

...

Am I really a monster?

"GET HER OUT OF HERE! SHE'S ⁸OBVIOUSLY A THREAT TO OUR KINGDOM!"

I am?

"JUST EXECUTE HER ALREADY! WHO KNOWS WHAT SHE'LL DO TO THE REST OF US IF SHE STAYS ANY LONGER!.."

I'm really sorry.. I really didn't mean for this to happen..

I still can't believe I hurt my own friend..

...

I'm really a monster.. aren't I?

It hurts being called that but.. they're right.

I am a monst-

"NO, YOU AREN'T!!!"

The sudden yell jolted me out of my thoughts. I glanced in the direction of the voice, widening my eyes in the process.

Turns out, the one who shouted that, was none other than the strawhatted boy, Luffy.

He stood there with a scowl on his face, clenching his fists tightly.

"I dont care what you say. You are NOT A MONSTER!!!" He s

My face softened as those words came out of his mouth. "I'm.. not?.."

"Of course you aren't! You're my best friend (Y/N)!!" Luffy retorted.

I stared at Luffy in astonishment. I thought over his words, wondering if he was right. Was I really not a monster?..

"HOW DARE YOU HURT MY SON?!?!?!"

Oh.

That's right.

I hurt him.

...

My face saddened, remembering the image of him being injured. I looked down, ashamed, "But.. I hurt someone.." My voice cracked.