End

End

The sun looked amazing. The sky was clear. It was calm. Serene. Peaceful. It was just like the moment where I first saw Trinity.

I think it was in college. The one who's always following her sister, Therese, whom I met during parties, but we were never close. She tried to talk to me but my eyes were fixated at Trinity. Only at Trinity.

She was always shy. Always quiet. Always at the back of everything. I have never really grasp the idea of loving her. It was just a small admiration... small observing moments of the way she bites her lower lip whenever she's anxious. Or how she doesn't notices that she's sighing deeply when she's so tired.

Or her hair. Her smile. It's everything about her.

"Bagay ba?" she said and flexed her cute top and shorts.

"It's wonderful."

Trinity frowned. "Hindi bagay."

"I did not say that."

"Yes or no lang naman ang hinihingi ko."

"Babe, we're just having a swim."

"Yes," she said. "With your cousins and family!"

I chuckled and went to her, giving her a back hug. She looked at me through the mirror.

"Whatever dress you choose, it's still gonna be amazing."

"Hindi ba nila tayo iju-judge?"

I shook my head. "Nope. Don't worry. They are amazing."

When my cousin, River, was bored and tired, he told us in our group chat that he rented an overlooking resort and invited us and our girlfriends. I figured that it's the perfect time to introduce her to my big family. Having a lot of cousins is a pain in the ass, but they are my brothers.

Trinity was tensed when I told her about it. Once I sensed that it's going to be overwhelming for her, I immediately hated myself. Maybe it's too much. But she smiled and told me it's alright.

"Are you sure na wala akong dadalhin na gift for them?" she asked.

"Yep. They probably ordered foods already."

She held my arms, her hands were cold. "Huwag mo akong iwan."

"That's not going to happen."

"But what if you're going to have so much fun tapos nakalimutan mo na ako? I'll be in the corners and I'll be awkwardly sitting their alone."

"So much for overthinking," I said and kissed the top of her head.

"How about the girlfriends of your cousins? For sure ayaw nila sa 'kin."

"Pinapangunahan mo naman, eh. I'll never leave you behind."

Trinity looked at me with a longing look. "Promise?"

"Promise."

The ride was filled with Trinity telling me about her what ifs and reassurances that I'm not gonna leave her alone. It was also filled with promises and i love yous.

Trinity is the type of woman who always doubts herself. She's clear with me about that since day one. But she was slowly growing out of it. I am so proud to even witness her growth.

Being public is also an amazing step. She was shy at first, but weeks after, we cannot walk together without holding each other's hands or clinging each other's arms.

From the parking lot, I saw my cousins' cars. It seemed like we were then last one to arrive.

Trinity clung to my arms tighter. "Huwag mo akong iwan."