Chapter 14: Something New

Written by:VinylScratch7

Blitz chuckled nervously as he looked at the enthusiastic Scootaloo. The unexpected request took him by surprise, but he couldn't ignore the excitement in the young filly's eyes. Lyra continued to watch, curious about how Blitz would respond.

"Well, uh, Scootaloo, flying isn't something you can just teach overnight. It requires a lot of practice and patience," Blitz explained, scratching the back of his head. "But, uh, I guess I can show you a few things if you promise to be careful."

Scootaloo's eyes widened with joy, and she nodded vigorously. "I promise, Blitz! I'll be the best student ever!"

Blitz chuckled again, finding Scootaloo's enthusiasm infectious. Lyra smirked at him, teasing, "Looks like you've got yourself a little apprentice."

Blitz rolled his eyes playfully. "Yeah, yeah, don't remind me."

As they chatted, Blitz couldn't help but feel a sense of relief. The tension from Rainbow Dash's presence seemed to fade away, at least for the moment. Scootaloo's request provided a welcome distraction, and he decided that helping her learn to fly could be a positive way to spend his time.

The trio spent the rest of the afternoon in the park, with Blitz demonstrating some basic flying techniques. Scootaloo listened attentively, absorbing every piece of advice. Lyra occasionally chimed in with comments and encouragement.

Meanwhile, in the distance, Rainbow Dash continued her conversation with Star Struck. Unbeknownst to her, the electrical display from Blitz's speed had caught the attention of a certain group of fillies known for their love of the extraordinary.

Twilight Sparkle and her friends had observed the spectacle from a distance. Twilight raised an eyebrow, intrigued by the unusual display of magical energy. "That's odd. I've never seen anything like that before," she mused.

Pinkie Pie bounced with excitement. "Ooh, new magic tricks! Maybe we should go ask that colt how he did it!"

Rarity chimed in, "Darlings, I must say, the aesthetics of that display were quite captivating. Perhaps there's more to this stallion than meets the eye."

As the group debated whether to approach Blitz, he continued to share his flying expertise with Scootaloo, feeling a renewed sense of purpose in helping the young filly achieve her dreams. The day, which had started with tension and uncertainty, took an unexpected turn into a more positive direction. Little did they know that this encounter would set in motion a series of events that would change their lives in ways they couldn't predict.

As Blitz continued to guide Scootaloo through the basics of flying, the atmosphere in the park shifted. Unbeknownst to him, Rainbow Dash had wrapped up her conversation with Star Struck and caught sight of Blitz providing flying lessons to the aspiring little pegasus.

Rainbow Dash's eyes narrowed, her feathers ruffling with a mix of confusion and irritation. Without a second thought, she left Star Struck standing there, bewildered, as she shot through the sky with a burst of speed. The wind roared around her as she closed the distance between herself and Blitz.

Blitz sensed Rainbow Dash's approach, and when he turned to see her charging towards him with a furious expression, a knot formed in his stomach. He had hoped to avoid any more confrontations, especially with Rainbow Dash, but it seemed fate had other plans.

"Blitz! What do you think you're doing?" Rainbow Dash bellowed as she touched down, creating a small dust cloud.

Scootaloo looked between Rainbow Dash and Blitz, a hint of fear in her eyes. Blitz took a deep breath, trying to remain calm, and decided to stay silent, enduring the storm of accusations.