Chapter 6: The Road to Sugarcube Corner

Blitz was heading to Sugarcube Corner. He knew it wasn’t that far, but for him it was like a five hour walk. He had too many things in his mind, like was it a good idea to come back?

He thought Rainbow was going to be happy to see him, but now he realize that she hated his guts now. In the corner of his eye, he notice that he was already in Ponyville and saw some of the ponies looking at him.

“Well, everypony from the village did come to the party,” Blitz thought for himself.

As he heard whispers from the ponies, he can tell what they were saying.

“Is that the stallion who was beat up by Rainbow and Applejack,” a random mare whispers.

“Yeah, he deserve it anyway,” one stallion whisper back

“No way he didn’t deserve it. Rainbow and Applejack should apologize to him. It wasn’t his fault,” the mare defended him.

As he kept hearing positive and negative whispers about him, not only did he felt more depressed, he felt more dead inside. Blitz kept walking and started to ignore the ponies. He finally made it to Sugarcube Corner.

He enters Sugarcube Corner and the first sight he see is Pinkie Pie making a bash of cupcakes, and a smile grew when she notice who entered the store.

“Blitz!” She ran and bear hugged him.

“Pinkie…Air,” he replies with what little oxygen he had.

“Oh sorry. Please have a seat. Your right on time too. I’m making fresh cupcakes. They’re not ready yet. I’ve just started making them.” She giggles.

Pinkie got Blitz to smile a little bit and he took Pinkie’s offer to sit down. Blitz was quite surprise when he saw the store, When he started to move to Ponyville, he never saw this store. He only knew that there were two ponies who were madly in love with each other when he came in.

“So are you okay?” Pinkie asked, getting Blitz to break his mind of thought.

“Oh…um OK, I guess. I was just surprised that this store was here, cause back when I moved here, this store wasn’t in Ponyville,” he said.

“Oh yeah. That’s because Mr. and Mrs. Cakes built this place when there were young. When I came in as a rookie in the shop, they told me that they had the same dream,” Pinkie said with a smile on her face.

“That’s it?” Blitz asked. “Building a baking shop and having a family?” That response made Blitz smile cause of his father’s story of how he met his mother.

“So Blitz, I’ve been meaning to ask. Are you married? I know your past, but when you left, you must have met somepony over in your college.” Pinkie asked.

“Married?” That word made Blitz’s head hurt. He was hearing a little ringing in his ear and a voice in his head. A familiar voice to be exact, but why couldn’t he remember. Why is he hearing a voice in his head?

“Blitz?” Pinkie’s voice brought him back to reality and was looking at her, and by her look she was worried of the expression he was having.

“Um…No. I’m not married. I was too focus on my studies,” he replied with a little smile.

“Oh okay.” A ding was heard in the background of the kitchen “Oh, the cupcakes are done. I’ll be right back.” She dashes to the kitchen, leaving Blitz in the room.