Chapter 3 - Wake

Another day, and another day at playing doctor with the giant robot and she, truly, didn't mind. Call it a learning experience.

Today, Lauren figured she'd focus on attempting to fix up what she could of his metal plating with what parts she had laying around.

She began with a distorted knee guard. She took the piece of scrap in her gloved hand, steadying it in place as she fired up her blow torch. "I hope this doesn't hurt... Can you even feel?" She spoke to air with no expectation of a response.

God, she hoped the bot couldn't feel anything. It was like being awake during a skin graph and she'd never forgive herself if the bot was feeling it all.

Carefully, she worked at welding the metal in place of its missing piece. It wasn't perfect or 'pretty' by any means, but it was functional as far as she knew.

She had the radio turned up a bit louder that day so she could hear the music over the blowtorch.

"I should just tell you to leave 'cause I- know exactly where it leads, but I watch us go 'round and 'round each time-" Lauren sang along loosely with the pop song she was vaguely familiar with as she welded another piece of metal into place over one of the bots fingers.

"And when we go crashing down we come back every time."

She hummed along with the tune as she bobbed her head slightly. The heat from the blowtorch did her no favors in the heat, but she was enjoying herself nonetheless.

The song concluded and she took that time to pull off her protective face gear and swipe herself free of sweat. Her cheeks were rosy as she panted. The cold water she gulped down was a much needed necessity before she got back to work.

"Deep in my bones I can feel you. Take me back to a time only we knew. Hideaway." Yet another pop song she was vaguely familiar with and another finger done.

Night was approaching once more as she welded some scrap onto the elbow area, the radio still playing some station she had switched to about an hour ago.

Once done with the upper right antenna she stood back on the bot's chest plate, looking over her work triumphantly. Its face was still worse for ware, but she could work on that tomorrow.

Who was she to gauge alien robot attractiveness?

Lauren tossed her helmet onto the dirt floor as she wiped some sweat from her brow, unaware of the red glow that bathed her much smaller form.

All too quickly, her back was colliding with the wooden walls of the barn. A yelp escaped her as she hit the dirt floor harshly. Her lungs fought for air as she struggled to her hands in panic.

_______________

The decepticon got to his feet with ease as he thrashed at the surroundings in alarm.

Lauren was quick to get to her feet with a cough. "Woah! Hey! Stop! You'll bring the whole building down!" She called out, her hands outstretched.

Megatron whipped his head in the woman's direction, baring his teeth as he readied his arm cannon, something of an unknown language flew from his mouth.

"Stop!" Lauren coughed as she held her arms out in a futile attempt at shielding herself from the cannon. "I helped you! I helped you! Chill out! Hey-"

Megatron didn't listen to the woman's pleads as he inspected his form. He felt, reborn, in simple terms. Movements came easier, he felt heavier, his online networking was functioning, and he was no longer leaking fluids.

"I helped!" She shrieked out again in fear.

Megatron snarled. "You take me for a fool, insect?" He spat vehemently as he retracted his cannon swiftly and with ease. The motion was fluid and far more comfortable than it had been several cycles ago. The action left him with swelling pride.

"No!" She yelped as his clawed had came crashing down around her, embedded deep into the earth, leaving her pinned and at his mercy.

The femme's optics were blown wide and they didn't leave his face plate. "Your primitive insect technology is of no help to my kind."

"I did what I could, but I could fix everything." She replied, he looked on in scrutiny. "I promise!"

Megatron's crimson optics narrowed in on her. "I- I was going to try and fix your face plate next."

He scoffed. Did she really think she could accomplish that? Humans and their foolishness.

The feeling of human parts being stuck to him made his spark crawl in disgust, but it was a much better feeling than what he had previously been experiencing.

Disgust was preferable to agony, not that he couldn't deal with both.

His optics scanned the room, taking note of the various tools and equipment it homed. He turned back to the femme.

The pheromones and scent rolling off her made his nose cringe, she smelled of metal, human sweat, and butane. Her heart rate spiked.

"L-look, I'm sorry if you didn't want that, but-"

"Shut your mouth human." Megatron growled, she listened, but not without a huff.

The femme was not lying and part of his revolted that fact.

Megatron glared as he ripped his new and improved claws from the Erath, he flexed them, curling inward.

He stepped over the femme and out of the wood structure.

"Where are you going? Hey, wait!" The femme called as she scrambled to her feet.

"My whereabouts are none of your concern, insect." He growled.

"Well, can I at least get a 'thank you'?" She crossed her arms over her chest defiantly.

The decepticon whipped his head over his shoulder servo. "Your measly life being spared is what you've earned. Or, should I remind you who I am?"

"I don't know who you are?" The femme raised a brow up at him inquisitively.

Megatron fell silent, a scowl overcoming his features. She was Insolent. "I am Lord Megatron." He stated with purpose.

"And, I'm Lauren. Now that that's out of the way," she leaned against the structure. "What was with that freak out?" The femme asked as her heart attempted find calm rhythm once more.

"You are an insect." He corrected.

Lauren's face shifted into a frown. "I save you from certain death and now I'm a bug?"

"You know nothing of what you're talking about, your kind are all insects." He hissed.

"I know that you weren't getting up you six ton piece of scrap!" She bit back defiantly. "I didn't even report you, but no I'm a bug!"

Megatron sneered, stepping in her direction. "You are a creatin!" He insulted.

"And you're a hunk of talking metal!"

Megatron roared at her and slammed his claws down into the Earth beside her in a warning.

Lauren fell to the side from the impact and glared up at the decepticon. "Oh yeah, good one. Let the whole country know you're in my backyard!"

He growled, feet from her. "Is it fear or courage that compells you, fleshling?"

She crossed her arms over her chest. "Spite."

Megatron stared for several kilks. The gall of this human... He rose to full height. "Perhaps, I have been hasty." His tone was mocking.

Lauren got to her feet as she swat dirt from her clothing with no success. "No, really? You think so?"

He bared his teeth at her, she did not flinch. Strange, she was. Stupid. "Live to serve me and you may live another joor." He curled his claws in.

Lauren snorted. "I'm going to bed." She began to walk off, but was swiftly plucked from the ground like the bug she was.

"You will serve me, or perish with the rest of your kind." He held her up in front of his face. Her scent unpleasant and her facial expression even less pleasant.

The brunette threw her arms out to the sides. "Then get it over with!" She baited.

Megatron was off put by her lack in self preservation. She crossed her arms over her chest once more as she dangled helplessly. The threads of her shirt begging to rip. "I'm waiting!"

He scoffed, her heart rate sped up once more. "You are a fearful fool."

"I'm not scared of you." She stated flatly and bluntly as she kicked her feet, causing her to swing back and forth.

His optics studied her features. She held his stare, something that not even his decepticons did. It was a rare and unusual thing.

"I will give you one thing, insect." He began. "You have the spark to talk to me in such a strutless manner, not even my first command has the gall." And with that he flicked her away from himself as he took a seat on the dirt.

Lauren hmphed when she hit the ground. "Asshole." She grunted a she stumbled onto her feet. "You can keep the barn for all I care, but I'm going to bed."

The femme waved him off with an appendage as she wandered off in the direction of another structure some yards away.

Megatron let the femme go. He'd call them equal; she saved his spark, and he spared her's. He didn't have to like it, but he'd deal with it. She could be of use. If nothing more, she was amusing in her own right. Like an animal.

The decepticon moved to go back into the wooden structure- a barn she had called it.

Unlike his autobot counterpart, he and his decepticons had little interest in learning human terms.

His internal chronometer told him it had been three joors, human days, since his offlining. Never had he gone such a long time.

Megatron pulled the doors shut and sat himself in the middle of the structure. His personal hailing system was back up, much to his delight.

The mech sat back, allowing himself to properly relax for once in many cycles. He was sure now that with these newfound repairs he could handle some confrontation.

His optics moved back and forth as he searched his internal memory system in search of the footage from the past three days.

His view was at an odd upward angle, something he was not use to. Never did he look up at others, it was always down and if one of his own was much too big, they would kneel below him in subordination. He didn't like this angle.

"Sorry." The femme apologized as she wrenched his chest plate open with noted difficulty.

He watched through all the interactions.

"I hope this works bud." She had commented after fixing his Petrolex leak. Her hands and shirt covered in the substance. Her sat upon his chest plate was an odd sight to behold.

"I hope this doesn't hurt. Can you even feel?" She questioned aloud before she began working. Careful as to not potentially hurt him, as if her small form could ever in a million eons.

"I should just tell you to leave 'cause I- know exactly where it leads, but I watch us go 'round and 'round each time-" Megatron watched as she bobbed her helm slightly and rhythmically. She was working on his fingers as she sang along with a radio frequency.

"And when we go crashing down we come back every time."

"Deep in my bones I can feel you. Take me back to a time only we knew. Hideaway." It was another radio frequency. It was rather amusing, but it brought another thing to light for the decepticon.

One; She was, indeed, telling the truth. And two; He was up and moving because of an insect.

Make sure to vote on the story! It really helps out! I love you all and I'll see you next chapter! ♡