Chapter 19 - Regain

Merry Christmas everyone if you celebrate! And if you don't celebrate, the have a happy holiday/winter season! In my case it's happy Yule!

I made this chapter nice and extra long as a gift to all of you for being so awesome! Please have a very good day! <3

Sleep hadn't been peaceful, but then again, she hadn't really ever gotten great sleep in her lifetime. The dream however, that was new. It wasn't as if she incapable of dreaming, but it was a rare occurrence and something she was thankful for.

That day had flown by and Lauren had spent the good portion of it stuck in thought. Her eyes wandered to where Megatron stood, lording over his men. There was no way that what she saw meant anything of importance, right? It was just her mind and over-active imagination- that's it!

Maybe it was a stress response?

She was lost on what to think and it irked her. Her back ached as she sat herself up from where she rest against the tree, thankful that the sun would be setting soon.

Rubbing at her eyes, she was quick to notice the gaggle of mechs steadily approaching her direction.

She didn't move from where she sat, contempt to the position she was in. Her ass had finally made the perfect groove in the sand and she wasn't going to give it up now.

"Nitrozeus, Blackout infiltrate the human base where the signal was tracked. Go, now." Megatron ordered firmly as he stood tall over his fellow decepticons. His aura radiated and demanded the upmost respect. The mech's crimson optics were swift to land on her and he snubbed the very sand she sat upon, his lip plate curled indignantly like a feral dog.

Lauren knit her brows together and shot him a look when that familiar tugging yanked at her once more. She dug her fingers into the dirt beside as if to root herself in place defiantly.

"-32°47'25.19" S 151°50'2.39" E to base Williamton." Soundwave parroted flatly to his comrades before following after his liege.

Nitrozeus turned to Lauren, arms planted on his hips. "Trouble in paradise? Has he upset the Misses?" He mused coyly.

Blackout stood only several yards off, silent as a predator.

Lauren snorted harshly at the one eyed mech. " 'S not like that." Her eyes didn't meet the seeker as they remained trained on the mech in question.

"Right, and I'm not a Decepticon Betsy." He retorted with a roll of his optic. Blackout scoffed.

"Doubtful." Blackout mumbled to himself.

The brunette shoved off his comments and reluctantly ripped her gaze from Megatron, opting to bury whatever was brewing deep in her chest. She cleared her throat as she looked up to the tracker. "Where are you going? Or are you going to give me some half-assed answer too?" The words rolled off her tongue with more vitriol than she had intended.

Nitrozeus stood to height, rolling his shoulders. "Got an energon signal, goin' to go check it out betsy. Gotta get this rodeo on the road." He jested with a gruff chuckle, turning to implore a reaction from the chopper which was met with Blackout's ever present scowl.

Honestly, he was going to give Megatron a run for his money.

Lauren climbed to her feet hastily, abandoning her groove. "Hold up! Can I come with?" Her words were strained as she broke her neck to gaze up at the mechs.

"We do not require a liability." Blackout leered with a dangerous glare. "Pathetic fleshling, do you have a death wish?"

Glaring, the smaller woman crossed her arms over her chest.