Chapter 27 - Retrieval

Lockdown was pissed- no- he was livid. Absolutely irate. 

His wounds since welded shut by some mindless med-bot. Nothing was going to plan. Absolutely nothing at all.

The bounty hunter stalked his ship on a hair trigger, ready to offline the next mech that so much as dare pick an argument with him.

The decepticon had been in his grasp. He'd been on the cusp of completing one of his missions only for it to be torn away.

Cybertronians. The word tasted bitter and he turned his nose up in disgust. Such lowly lifeforms they were. 

First they'd gone to Africa late, then Australia, and just when he thought he'd figured it out, boom! The tyrant was a step ahead, double backing to disrupt his course.

The human allies were less the useful, they were complete and utterly worthless. The whole species was. How'd they'd survived this long to reproduce beyond safe levels and evolve was completely lost on him.

Cemetery Wind was a hindrance, like a ball and chain on him. Harold Attinger was a fool with his head in the clouds and a death warrant.

If he had it his way, he'd of pulverized through the planet and taken what was rightfully his without all the contacts and rules.

Megatron had slipped through his fingers like sand in the wind. Optimus remained off his radar with whoever still had it in them to live. He snarled, his emerald optics narrowing as he approached his communications room.

"Lockdown, sir, the Mister Attinger awaits your presence." A smaller mech relayed, his optics not finding their way to his face.

"I'm aware. Leave me, go." He hissed watching as the small bot made his hasty retreat.

The screen before him brought the human into focus. "Attinger. "

The balding man kept his face pursed. "Have you retrieved the girl? We are working on a time limit and cannot afford to waste a second, you understand I'm sure. Time is money."

Lockdown grimaced. "I do not bother with petulant human affairs. Where is Optimus and Megatron?" The words were plagued with indignation, the snarl could be heard in his tone alone.

Harold hummed. "We've received some complaints spanning through South America."

The bounty hunter was swift to interrupt. "Your information is inoperative. Human intelligence was promised to me, but I'm seeing anything but."

The older man frowned, deepening his wrinkles substantially. "Cemetery Wind is one of the most capable black op groups in the nation and I assure you, you'll get the information promised. I trust you've been utilizing the goods I've supplied."

The mech paced like a predator ready to pounce, ignoring his comment. "I do not reward second chances, Attinger. Get it to me or suffer the consequences that will be dealt."

The call ended without another second as he stalked from the room and toward his own set of intelligence. He'd rely on nobody, but himself and his own men.

"Report, I need what we came for. Do not trouble me with anything but the desired." His hissed the order sharply.

A mech of similar stature, Clincher, turned to him with a data-pad in hand. "Enhanced satellite imaging has captured photos of Optimus Prime in a convoy leaving the Utah-Arizona boarder."

Lockdown observed the way the mech handled the pad with diligence. His face contorted in irritation at the new information. "Continue."

"Further imaging shows the convoy heading north-east." Clincher answered swiftly, not missing a beat.