Chapter Three {It's Just Space}

"What?!" Dib screamed. "Why am I Tallest too?"

"Well," he stretched out the word.

"Zim could have done it himself, but it would be safer for Zim if I had a per-say body guard or insider that can help." He stared at his nonexistent nails.

"But you're stronger than me!" Dib pointed out.

"So. Better in numbers controlled by two than numbers rebelling against one." Shaking his head at the weird jabber of words that just left the alien's mouth, Dib walked over to the control panel next to the large transmitter screen.

"Great, JUST great!" Dib exclaimed as he threw his hands up. Not only is he a Tallest, but he's impersonating a Tallest who is controlled by the other Tallest.

"Way to make things complicated, Zim!" Dib seethed as he turned to glance at Zim, then everything went dark after he randomly flipped a switch.

"Dib-Human! What did you do?" Zim yelled through the darkness. Dib saw teeth cover and revel themselves as Zim accused him. Laughing a little bit, Dib pointed at him.

"Your teeth are glowing." He told Zim. The other and more pressing conversation forgotten.

"Well, your whole body is GLOWING." Zim returned then chuckled.

"Glowie Dib." Looking down, he saw that it was true.

"Hey! I look like a ghost. Cool. " Dib smiled then started to mimic the sound of a ghost.

"Oh, would you shut up! It's just a black light." Zim sighed as he heard some ruffling.

"I put it in after I killed the old Tallest. It used to be a Disco ball, but I thought that was stupid." Flipping on the lights, Zim stood next to Dib.

"Read, you stupid worm, it says right here, Windows." Moving his hand to that switch, he flipped it.

"Aw, kill joy," Dib mumbled as he walked to the opening windows. Then Dib laughed to himself. Those Tallest had a disco ball what retros-nerds. 

He paused and turned to look at Zim with a question on his face.

"Why -" But Zim cut him off.

"They liked jokes and..." he waved his hand around, making a weird jester. Dib didn't get it.

"Huh?" Dib asked, confused.

"Don't ask, or I'll destroy you like I did them." he glared at him.

"What -?" He tried again.

"DON'T!" Zim cut of the repeat question.

"But.. shouldn't I know everything you know?" Dib asked as he tilted his head.

"Stop that, Dib -worm."

"What?" He asked in even more confusion.

"That," Zim pointed at the other. "It's stupid looking..." Dib stared at him in disbelief.

"WHAT! So now I can't ask questions?" He yelled in misunderstanding.

"NO, stupid. That thing with your head and the way you spoke." Zim looked away.

"It's weird, " he mumbled loudly.

"Whatever" was Dib's reply as he turned to the window. It was dark like a room without lights. No planets or asteroids, just blank; he thought it would be a breathtaking sight. Sighing, he crossed his arms and tried to find what he liked about it.

"I don't understand why you like this," Zim said as he walked up to Dib. Glancing at him, Dib shrugged. Unable to explain. "It's just space."

"Well, it's because of the unknown and all of the mysteries that can be found out there."  He told the alien what he always told to himself.

"Your stupid earth waters have more mystery than this." Zim answered back.

"That's true..." Dib let the words hang there as he watched the blackness.

Zim is smarter than he had expected. He's totally different than the clumsy alien he knew from earth.

Dib turned to look at Zim, ready to assess him again, trying to find some answers to his many questions. But Zim was snarling at him and giving him angry looks.

"What?" Dib asked, confused once more.

"OF Course Zim is SMART!" The invader seethed.

"You have to be the smartest and the tallest to be a Leader of Irk! Don't you ever insult me like that again, you Dirty worm baby. Your existence can be deleted with a snap. To your neck, that is. Or I could just order you to die..." He sternly informed the human.

This made Dib process what he just told him.

Great, he was talking out loud.

Zim pointed at him casually. So Dib raised his eyebrow.

"You did it again." Zim stated to Dib.

"Then stop listening TO me!" Dib ordered.

"YOU stop thinking then, mm!" Zim shot back.

It's harder than it looks, he told Zim and himself.

"Ah! And I just bet it does." The Invader smirked at the human and crossed his arms. Said human glared at him, and the alien's smirked grew bigger. Turning away first, Dib heard Zim yell.

"Victory is mine."

Walking over to the panel, Dib flipped the window switch and saw Zim still in his victory pose. Rolling his eyes, Dib watched as Zim congratulated himself on a pathetic win.