{Mind of a 16 year old}

Chapter Five

{Mind of a 16 year old}

It took about three hours to get through all the invaders. Well, not all of them but the ones who were assigned a planet. Zim listed planets that Dib had never even heard of. They were pretty random, too. Like one called the Couch planet? Who thought of that?

After the assembly, Dib followed Zim once more.

Not even paying attention to where he was going, for he had many things on his mind. Like that, he had ACTUALLY been able to hurt Zim! Even though he was out of it... 
Dib was confused due to this, so he tried to settle his mind by trying to remember what all happened.

(flash back)

Zim hissed as Dib was bombarded with all the knowledge of Irk. Somehow, he had latched his hand on to Zim's arm as they walked.

"HANDS OFF DIB!" he gritted out sharply in a low voice. The chip in Dib's head obeyed even though he had barely recognized Zim's words as Dib's world started to spin. Zim made it worse by jerking him back and forth as he shook the human viciously.

"WHY did you do that … Dib – filth?" He stared at Dib's face for a moment, then stopped shaking him back and forth.

"What's wrong with your face?" Zim was all blurry, and Dib's eyes started to water. His face was paler. Dib's brain was getting too much information at once, and it felt like a balloon was getting squeezed. His head was going to explode!

"It…I…It's…too…to mu…ch…much. I ca…can't…thi…thing…think." Dib tried to form the words, but it was hard even to process them when all the knowledge was going at hyper speed through his head. Raising his hands, Dib cupped them around his head and tried to force the information back!

To compress or to stop the flow, but it just forced its way even farther inside, making his head feel enfolded into itself over and over again. As Dib crouched down to bring his knees closer to his head, he opened his mouth and just let himself ramble as tears filled his eyes.

"It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts! IT HURTS! HURTS, HURTS, HURTS!" He repeated this over and over and over again. Trying to make his brain realize it was overloading and that it couldn't take it anymore! Then, just as quickly as it appeared, the pain vanished. Still holding onto his head, Dib looked up at Zim dumbfounded.

"What?" Zim asked him after they stared at  each other for a while without talking.

"It's gone…" Dib started in  a whisper of surprise.

Did he do something? Or was it some kind of short burst then gone in a flash kind of thing. Like an explosion? Yeah, that's exactly like it, just on an extreme level inside his head without blood or death.

"Well, of course it's gone, you idiot!" Zim's eye twitched as he continued.

"Now, are you done complaining? We have more important things to deal with at the moment than you and your stupid pain." He pivoted around and walked through the double doors rubbing his arm. He stopped mid-way and flung a death glare back at Dib.

Stumbling, the human got to his feet;  then wiped his tears away and followed after the Tallest.

(End of Flash back)

Dib came back to the present just as he slammed into Zim's back. He had just finished growling something at him, so Dib decided to risk being hit.

"What did you say?" Dib asked dumbly.

"Listen to Zim and STOP putting your feet in the sky!" Zim barked.

"Uh …head in the clouds…" Dib corrected him unconsciously.