𝟶𝟻.

Part 05

Part 05.

The heart stops
when it loses
reason to beat.

MY HEART HURTS WHEN YOU ARE AWAY, SO PLEASE MY DEAR, PLEASE STAY.

As the ticking of a clock continued it's tocking, the pair couldn't help the apprehensive uneasiness that wormed itself into their bodies. Like the insect that eats through an apple. Slowly.

They both found out that most of their classes, they had them together. With them being top students and all, it was no doubt.

The two had excellent grades and were above average taught students. Which in her mind was a excessive pro than it was a con, since most of their work would be finished within the span of only twenty minutes.

The other half of class being spent to catch up and get to know each other more.

The time spent talking and giggling away couldn't make up for the bleeding both of their souls felt.

As if someone was constantly running a dull knife through their kidneys, nonstop. It hurt. Very much so it did.

The pull they felt was strong, like wielded metal. It was like their souls connected and danced and flew, flew with the breezy wind that carried them.

In the presences of one another they felt free, not trapped by the shackles that were chained, bloodily to their ankles.

Yet the chains were still attached, as if they were one with the scarred skin it gripped onto, tightly.

Never letting go, never becoming loose.

In Jeongguk's eyes it was hard to watch y/n make her way to the limousine parked, proudly in front of the school, just for her.

Watching her was strenuous, observing how the look of fear dawned on her face burned his heart into coal.

The pain he felt was worse than the beatings he had received from his own dad.

It was difficult to keep his own hand from reaching to her. It ached with a want to hold her, to protect her.

He found his legs were in the same predicament, wanting nothing more than to run to her, and yank her free from all hurtful grasp.

However, he couldn't, and because he couldn't he didn't.

All he could do was watch, watch how her eyes glazed over once again, trapping her in that endless maze she called her mind. Her safe space.