Background

3rd POV
In the small, cold, and cloudy town of Forks, Washington there lived 21 year old Charlie Swan and his girlfriend 19 year old Elisa Godfrey.

Both were children of the town's founders and both were beloved by everyone in town. They had started dating in 7th grade and their lives blossomed into a love only seen in fairy tales....

Charlie was the golden boy jock that played at Forks high school as the long range receiver. He was shy, kind, and loyal.

Elisa was Captain of the cheer squad and often did volunteer work for the less fortunate members of Forks community. She ran food and clothes drives, and helped out in the soup kitchen as well as offered aid to abandoned children and helped kids in foster care.

She was sweet, caring, humble, generous, and just the purest soul you ever met. It was hard for girls her age to be jealous of her because she was just so nice!

When Charlie's parents died, Elisa was by his side supporting him and grieving with him because she saw Geoffrey and Helen Swan as second parents alongside her mother and father Rhys and Carys.

Everyone was convinced that they would get married straight out of high school and have children together. Their thoughts were correct as Charlie had proposed at graduation!

But sadly, they never got married because as they were planning their wedding, 18 year old Renee Higginbotham moved to town.

Renee was a tramp, floozy, and overall a homewrecker. She was quite and popular client of the women's health clinic, and people around town called her a walking hole filled with STDs.

She slept around with everyone (except females, surprisingly). It didn't matter if they were single, dating, engaged, or married. It didn't matter if they were young or old. Renee just couldn't control herself.

When she set her sights on Charlie Swan, it was the end of Charlie and Elisa.

Everyone hoped and prayed that true love and Charlie's loyal personality would save the couple, but sadly it didn't.

Renee strutted around town showing off her ring and pregnant belly claiming to be Charlie's new wife and the mother of his child.

Heartbroken, Elisa left Forks, not to be heard from again until a month after Bella was born with a hospital claiming to have Elisa's and Charlie's daughter in their custody.

At first Charlie denied that the baby was his, until DNA tests had proven him wrong.

Apparently after Elisa had given birth and disappeared from the hospital.

Everyone believed she would turn up dead as she had lost a lot of blood and had a c-section and should've been on bed rest for at least two weeks.

But her body was never found.....

This is where the story of Calista Swan begins.