Chapter 02: New school

Calista's POV
I groaned as my alarm clock went off the next morning. I rolled over and turned it off before getting up.

I slumped down the ladder to the bathroom where I showered in lukewarm water to make sure that Bella had her hot water.

Once I was ready, I went downstairs to make breakfast

Once I was ready, I went downstairs to make breakfast. Charlie didn't have much, just some leftovers, eggs, beer, spoiled milk, and bread.

Eggs and toast it is then.

I put a pot of coffee on and started cooking for everyone. A few moments later Charlie came downstairs and said "Morning Caitlin" making me murmur "It's Calista...." Before serving him.

I made Bella and I a plate before sitting down just as she entered "You used up all the hot water again!" She snapped snobbishly making me flinch and frown "I couldn't have, I didn't take a hot shower-" "Catherine, don't lie. Just apologize and don't do it again" Charlie said as he interrupted me.

My frown deepened as Bella smirked smugly at me "Sorry" I muttered before getting up and putting my dishes in the sink and leaving without another word.

~~~timeskip~~~
Bella and I had arrived at the front office at the same time and had just exited to look over our schedules.

My Schedule
1st- Art; Ms. Honey
2nd- English; Mr. Thompson
3rd- Geometry; Mr. Lawrence
4th- French; Mrs. Blanchard
5th- Gym; Coach Clapp
Lunch
6th- Biology; Mr. Molina
7th- History; Mr. Jefferson

Bella's Schedule
1st- English; Mr. Lance
2nd; Algebra; Mr. Daniels
3rd- Spanish; Mrs. Goff
4th- History; Mr. Jefferson
5th- Gym; Coach Clapp
Lunch
6th- Biology; Mr. Molina
7th- Study Hall

I only had three classes with her, which wasn't too bad, but she thankfully couldn't rely too heavily upon me to make us pass this year. Hopefully she'll take advantage of study hall...

"Hey! You're one of the new girls, right? Calista or Isabella Swan?" A cheery boy said as he appeared by my side from seemingly nowhere "Uhm, yeah? I'm Bella" Bella said shyly but the boy ignored her for some odd reason and focused solely on me "Then that means you're Calista" he says before sticking his hand out for me to shake.

"Yes, I'm Calista" I say quietly before timidly extending my hand for him to shake, but he just holds my hand and looks deeply into my eyes "I'm Eric Yorkie. The eyes and ears of this place, anything you need, tutoring, a lunch date, a shoulder to cry on?" He says as he tries to subtly pull me away from Bella making her glare at me as I look at Eric as if he turned into a pig and sprouted wings.

"Uhh, no thanks. I'm good, but I think that Bella needs some help getting to her classes" I say before gesturing to said girl who immediately puts on a shy and innocent face. Eric deflates "Are you sure-?" He starts but I had already scurried off.

I felt bad for ditching Eric like that, but if I had stayed or accepted his kind offers, then Bella would've been angry.

And when Bella's angry, that means everyone is unhappy and I'm in pain.

~~~timeskip~~~
In the gymnasium, the room was divided in half. On one side boys' play basketball while the girls' play volleyball on occupies the other half.

Bella and I have changed into gym clothes (which is just a pair of navy sweat pants and a grey shirt that says Forks Spartans in navy blue letters) and are on the same volleyball team.

Bella avoids the volleyball like it's radioactive, while I make an effort to play the game, though sports have never been my forte. In the background I can hear the energetic, athletic team captain motivates the other players "Block it, Chloe! Yeah! Good attack, Bianca! Whoo!"

Unfortunately, the volleyball heads toward Bella. For some odd reason she smirks before a fake panicked look takes over and she closes her eyes and flails at it, smacking it. It soars in my direction, but I thankfully manage to dodge it and it flies off court and hits a basketball player in the head "Ow!" The boy yelped loudly.

Mortified, Bella and I scurry over "I'm so sorry! Are you alright?!" I ask as I rush over and offer a hand to help the boy to his feet and steady him "I warned them not to make me play!" Bella whined before he could answer me making look at her with a disappointed expression 'How is THAT an apology? She didn't even ask if he's alright! Then again, this is Bella we're talking about......and she always only cared about herself.'

"It's only a flesh wound" The boys says waving Bella off and turning to face me fully. He grins and I awkwardly smile back, I'm relieved that he's okay but uncomfortable by the attention I'm receiving from the male and Bella's angry gaze.

Thankfully the bell rings, signaling the end of class.

I sigh with relief and start to walk away only to be grabbed and slightly yanked back to be forced to converse with the boy "Are you Isabella or Calista?" He asked "Urm, I'm Calista" I murmured in discomfort, Bella decided to butt in and say "And I'm Bella!" The boy ignored her and introduced himself to me "I'm Mike. Mike Newton" he squeezes my and and stares at me intently making me shift further in discomfort.

Suddenly, the team captain appears, stepping between us much to my relief and not so subtly nudges Mike away from me in a possessive manner "She's got a great spike, doesn't she?" She asks before turning to Bella and I "So, you're both from Arizona, right? Aren't people supposed to be tan down there?" Making Bella joke "That's why they kicked me out" Bella jokes.

They look at her unsure if she's being serious or not. I take their distracted forms as a chance to escape.

~~~later~~~
In the cafeteria, I sit alone in the back of the cafeteria closest to the parking lot doing home from my classes so far.

I didn't have any money for the lunch ladies, as I spent the last of it on my plane ticket to Forks, nor did I have anything to take from home. I'll have to get a part time job here and hide the money from Bella.

I refocused and became so engrossed by Geometry work that I narrowly missed the group of people approaching me. I looked up as shadows passed over the table only to see five, inhumanly beautiful people with molten gold eyes staring at me.

I was startled before feeling panicked as they looked at me with unfamiliar expressions. I quickly assumed that they were angry with me for sitting there and hastily went to make amends.

"I'm so sorry! Is this your table? I'll leave!" I squeaked out "Wait! You don't have to....go?" The pixie haired girl said but I ignored her and hurried away.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Unintentionally leaving behind 5 smitten immortals.