Chapter 5: The Secret

Third Person POV: Furina

Furina brought Quincy to the couches in her office as she prepared to tell him her biggest secret. The secret she had been carrying for 500 years. She knew Focalors had told her not to tell anyone, or she may not be able to save Fontaine. But Furina had to take a chance on Quincy. She felt she had to. It took her a while to work up the courage to speak again. During that time, Quincy said nothing, letting her calm her nerves. That was one thing she like about him. His quiet presence. 

"I...I am not...the Hydro Archon." She admitted, not even daring to look Quincy in the eye. She looked down at the floor, trying to figure out what to say next. "I was chosen by the real Hydro Archon Focalors to act as Archon while she tries to prevent the prophecy. So, I put on a show for the people of Fontaine. Not even Neuvillette knows. I'm just a normal human." 

Suddenly, she felt Quincy's gloved hands on hers. It wasn't like last time. It was a gentle gesture. He wiped the tears off her face and she noticed his kind smile. he didn't appear to be upset or mad like she had expected, and he wasn't yelling at her either. 

"You must have been carrying this for so long. I'm so proud of you." Quincy spoke. "My lady, you are the best choice of leader for this nation. Thank you, for trusting me."

"You're not mad?" She wondered, and the male shook his head. An Electro Cicin popped out of his hair and into her hands. 

"I want to get to know the real you. The true Furina." Quincy suggested. 

"Sure." She agreed. "So, how many cicin do you have in there?" Her question was answered by a multitude of Electro and Cryo Cicin flying out of his hair. 

"They just kinda follow me around." Quincy shrugged his shoulders. "Do you have any hobbies you like, My lady?"

"Well, I've always wanted to try fencing." She decided. "But I've never fought for fear of people discovering my true identity."

"I'll teach you then." Quincy brought her to her feet and he took out a sword. It was the standard sword Gardes carried. He gave it to Furina, who examined it closely. The blade felt heavy in her hands, and she couldn't tell if it was because it was forged for Quincy or because she was physically weak. 

"What are you going to use, Snezhevich? Surely you're not going to use your cane?"

"Bingo." He tapped it twice on the ground as the Cicin dispersed to various positions around the room. A blade slid out from the bottom of the cane, and he lifted it up to a fighting position. "What wrong? Scared?"

"No!" Furina protested. That was only part of the reason. She was scared he might kill her since he was hired as her bodyguard and that meant he was strong, but she didn't actually know how to use a sword.

"Oh, hold up, I'm coming." Quincy walked behind her and grabbed her right wrist gently. She lifted up the sword, pointing it at the wall. "This hand is your dominant hand. It guides your sword. Your left hand is to support your other hand. Well, normally. Fencing is one hand. Your strength comes from fast, quick motions like this." He made her thrust the sword forward and back through the air swiftly. 

Furina listened and paid close attention to Quincy's instructions. As they walked through basic attacks and blocks, she couldn't help but notice how close his face was. He had bent down to her height, and was inches away from her own face. She was sure he had seen her flustered face. He was either pretending not to notice, or he was just oblivious. She decided on the latter.

"So, can you wield Hydro?" Quincy asked her curiously, resuming his original spot. 

"Were you not listening? I'm a normal human girl! I don't have a Vision do I?"