Chapter 6: The Show Begins!

Third Person POV: Quincy

The Wonder Trio had stayed the night at his apartment and had left in the morning. However, they did leave an invitation for one of their upcoming magic shows. Of course, Quincy wasn't thinking about that. He was busy worrying over Furina. She wasn't an Archon and therefore does not possess a Gnosis. How could he tell his sister without exposing Furina's secret? 

"This is so complicated..." Quincy groaned while getting ready to meet Furina. He couldn't tell her about the letter. She'd freak out. She didn't even know that he himself is a Fatuus. In order to keep her safe, it had to be that way. He made his way to the lobby where Sedene was passing out drinks to Neuvillette and Furina. 

"Good morning, monsieur Snezhevich!" Seden said with a smile on her face. 

"Morning, Sedene. Neuvillette. My lady." Quincy greeted his co-workers. He sat down next to Furina as he heard her swallow whatever she had been eating.

"Snezhevich! We ride!" She proclaimed, standing up hurriedly. 

"What?"

"The Traveler is arriving to Fontaine soon. Honestly, don't you read? Anyway, we need to be there to greet her. Bon voyage, Neuvi." She grabbed his arm and linked it around her own. "Let's go!"

Quincy and Furina walked down the streets of Fontaine while being accompanied by tons of gardes, which were led by Clorinde. Before Quincy was hired, the responsibility of protecting Furina had rested with the Champion Duelist. When the group arrived at the Harbor, the gardes all spread out to various positions, while Furina stood atop the railing of a balcony to overlook her people. Quincy was to her left, ensuring that he could grab her in case she fell. His cicin would be too noticeable, so he would have to rely on his own senses.

"Uh, you said you were going to see Lady Furina? Well, it seems Lady Furina has come to see you." Lyney's vocie rang out. Quincy smiled a little. That meant Lynette was close by as well.

"Huh!? So...she's the Hydro Archon? But how did she know we were looking for her?" A high pitched voice questioned aloud. Quincy assumed that was Paimon, the friend of the Traveler. 

"My dear people, rich and poor, those with cup in hand ad those with nothing at all, raise your glasses in celebration! If you don't have one, then just raise your hand in lieu." Furina commanded. The people began to clap and cheer at her words, and Quincy knew one thing. The show had begun.

Third Person POV: Furina

Hearing the people smile and cheer, Furina knew she had to keep up the excitement. In the crowd, were many people she had never met before. She recognized Lyney and Lynette, and the Traveler from the Steambird. Glancing over at Quincy, his cane hit the ground with a loud, resounding thump. The crowd instantly quieted, allowing Furina to speak again.

"As you can all see, two unfamiliar travelers have arrived in our nation. Come, let us make a toast in honor of this Traveler and her companion who have journeyed here from distant lands!" Furina announced. Once again, the people obeyed her words, clapping and cheering excitedly.

"Uh? Is she talking about us?" Paimon asked the Traveler, who simply shrugged.

"I've long heard of the turmoil and chaos you've left in your wake as you visited other nations, but I welcome you nevertheless. I have come to receive you personally." Furina told them. She knew that first impressions mattered, and she needed to act like a real god. "Fear is for insignificant cowards. I am a god, and I will never entertain the notion of such meaningless wariness. You can be rest assured, I see clearly your sincerity. Of course, seeking an audience with me is the most sensible thing to do. It will allow you to truly behold my power and witness my authority. Intelligent people always gather under the correct banner."