Chapter 9: Clash of Twins

Third Person POV: Arlecchino

When she arrived in Fontaine, Arlecchino did not expect her brother to be waiting for her with her children. As per usual, Lyney was a little ways away from him, with his sister holding their uncle's hand. Freminet was standing between the two with his eyes on the ship Arlecchino was coming from. As such, the diver was the first to notice her. His eyes widened in surprise before returning to their normal unwavering expression. Arlecchino walked over to them, glad to see them after being away for months in Snezhnaya. Quincy was the first to approach, giving her a hug. She didn't want to admit it, but she missed her twin brother. 

"You're finally back." He teased with a grin. "I can't believe you keep leaving me." He ruffled her hair good-humoredly and she pushed him away gently.

"You're fine, Quin. Stop being dramatic." She sighed, feeling a small smile form on her face. He was the only one to draw her out of her facade. To reveal the self she should be at her age. 

"Hi, Father. Welcome back." Lyney interrupted politely, very clearly excited to see her. The magician tilted his hat to her. 

"Hi, Father." Lynette added, her ears flicked as she spoke. Freminet just waved to her, not wanting to get too close. Freminet always had problems connecting with her. Most likely due to her status within the Fatui.

"Why don't we go home, my dear children?" Arlecchino decided. She watched Lyney grab her sleeve while Freminet came up closer so she could see him. 

"Aren't you forgetting someone, dear sister?" Quincy asked.

"No." Arlecchino smirked, seeing Quincy's pretend offended face. "Besides, you have to get to work."

"What time is it?" 

"About noon."

"Shoot! Bye sis, love you!" Her brother took off like a lightning bolt, leaving her and her kids. She shook her head at his antics and turned to the three still present.

"Now, tell me what happened at the magic show."

Third Person POV: Quincy

Quincy did not actually miss anything when he arrived at the Opera House. Furina had a meeting with some of her followers, so she was fine. And Neuvillette did not need anything and Sedene did not require any help. Once Furina was done with her work for the day, it was late at night. They had been working at the Opera House for the last few hours and Quincy needed to escort her back to the Palais. The walk was pleasant, considering they were back on good terms.

"It's a nice night." Furina said as they got off the aquabus. She was skipping on ahead of him as usual while Quincy kept his steady pace. His cane tapped the ground occasionally as she returned to his side. 

"Indeed. The wind feels pleasant." Quincy remarked, enjoying the feeling of the night air on his face. "Furina, thanks for letting me meet my sister this morning."

"Of course, what kind of person do you take me for? It would be rude of me to decline a familial reunion!" She replied. Her response was a satisfied hum from her bodyguard as they kept going. 

"Huh, there's a cat." Quincy paused, making Furina stop. Moments later, the mentioned cat appeared in front of Furina. The cat meowed at the "Hydro Archon" and Furina tried to mimic the noise. Were they playing?

"After the cat, dear Quincy!" Furina declared, chasing after the feline. Quincy had no choice but to follow and accompanied her on her chase. "Oh? Come over here, you little critter you!"

"Furina, it can't talk." Quincy held back his laughter as she continued.

"You dare to run from me? Stop right this instant!" Furina shouted, bending down to pet it. Quincy came over, allowing Furina to bring his hand to the cat's fur.